Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Peter Taylor help to raise £ 150 for REMF

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
fatboy said:
I don't rate him as a manager at all, although he is a good coach.

I also put the Division Two championship down to Micky Adams.

However he has proved himself to be a very good bloke by his support for the Falmer campaign and his very generous donation to the REMF.

:clap:

Agreed. But I think fans would find him less of a **** if he hadnt left in the manner he did, i.e. milking it up on the parade knowing fair well he was ditching us.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
For once myself and FG agree on something.

FG, do you want to do a piece for the fanzine when it comes out for the first game of next year? I liked your bit for the last one but we just ran out of room.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
FG thinks everybody is a wanker including himself except for Dean Wilkins who he would like to marry.

lincs seagull

Feb 25, 2004
boston
you can denie he did well taking over the team he knows his job out side the top flight.

But he knows well enought he was not a good enought manager to raise the morale of a team when struggling which we would have done weather he stayed or not.

Liecseter proved that he was clue less and his signings a joke but he canraise a lower teams game as at two and three its more guts than skill of team

He is not a stayer. but he is a nice bloke and will talk to you and i think feels some guilt which he trys to lessen with his support of the albions projects.

Not a wanker just wants not to fail if you see no future where you work do you stay

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Hang on a minute, Peter Taylor in his full season kept Leicester City in midtable in the premiership. He then got sacked after 8 games.

He took Gillingham up.

He won Brighton the championship.

He got Hull City promoted as runners up in his first full season.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I live in Hull and can honestly say that in the four years I have been there an half decent manager could have taken them up. They have a great stadium, loads of fans, lots of money and a big squad. Most managers could spend the money Taylor has had at Hull and get them up.

Brighton owe more to Micky Adams and Bobby Zamora's goals then Taylor.

Peter Taylor is without doubt an excellent coach but not a great manager.

lincs seagull

Feb 25, 2004
boston
Gareth Glover said:
Hang on a minute, Peter Taylor in his full season kept Leicester City in midtable in the premiership. He then got sacked after 8 games.

I accepted that but when the going gets tough the tough bugger off to hull

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Richie Morris said:
I live in Hull and can honestly say that in the four years I have been there an half decent manager could have taken them up. They have a great stadium, loads of fans, lots of money and a big squad. Most managers could spend the money Taylor has had at Hull and get them up.

So once again, on that premise, all the manager has to do is turn up?

The 2001/02 season was Micky's championship was it? And Taylor had f*** all to do with it, and needn't bothered coming here, because it was a team destined for the championship anyway? Would Taylor have got any credit for that championship if he stayed? You can't have it both ways.

I do wonder about some Brighton fans' - yes, Brighton fans' - intelligence on here sometimes...

I'd just like to say thanks to Peter Taylor for (a) managing a championship-winning side at Brighton, and (b) his continued support for the REMF. Cheers, PT.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Last edited:

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
TLO - Spot on mate.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Peter Taylor has nothing to do with us winning the div 2 championship it was Micky Adams who won it. :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :jester: :jester: :jester: :jester: :jester: :jester: :jester: :jester: :jester: :dunce: :dunce: :dunce: :dunce: :dunce: :dunce: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :shootself :shootself :shootself :shootself :shootself :shootself

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Taylor is being a good bloke by helping out. That is not in doubt. He also supported the Falmer campaign and helped me get the press etc to cover the Hull demo. So cheers for that.

However, what would have been a shock would have been in Hull had not gone up this year because. The fact that they have is no surprise to anyone in Hull. The team they have should have gone up last year and Taylor has been given a fair wad of cash for a Div 3 club to make sure he dosnt f*** up.

When we won Div 2 some of his tactics were crap, i.e. Chesterfield at home, which meant we ended up dropping points that would have seen us win the league sooner. Adams got that team together and got them playing together, Taylor just kept things ticking over. As I said, he is a great coach but not a good manager.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I give up !. :dunce: :jester:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Richie Morris said:
However, what would have been a shock would have been in Hull had not gone up this year because. The fact that they have is no surprise to anyone in Hull. The team they have should have gone up last year and Taylor has been given a fair wad of cash for a Div 3 club to make sure he dosnt f*** up.

When we won Div 2 some of his tactics were crap, i.e. Chesterfield at home, which meant we ended up dropping points that would have seen us win the league sooner. Adams got that team together and got them playing together, Taylor just kept things ticking over. As I said, he is a great coach but not a good manager.

Not that you're trying to prove my point, Richie.

FFS That last paragraph is so blinkered - no, f*** it, it's bollocks. Adams was - is - a legend. But where has all this misty-eyed, rose-tinted stuff about him come from? You have mentioned one game where 'his tactics were crap'. If I remember rightly, when Oatway got wrongly sent off at Chesterfield in 2000/2001, Micky Adams got his tactics completely wrong.

Taylor far from 'kept things ticking over'. He took us to a championship by 6 points, when the smart money was saying that we were not the best team in the division. It was a league which, quite frankly, we had no business winning, but we bloody did.

Last edited:

lincs seagull

Feb 25, 2004
boston
Well love him hate him or plane just dont know

Thank you Peter for the support you have given to the club in its bid for the stadium and the charity donation

it makes up for slightly for the years wasted wages when we could have got some one with a bit of guts and staying power

:clap:

bathseagull

Apr 18, 2004
St. Anmore
i'm not a great fan of taylor's.

i didn't like the way he just decided to leave the club - didn't look like he had another job lined up or anything. i remember thinking that he probably expected to be offered the palace job (i think there was a vacancy at the time?) and wanted to dis-associate himself from us.

however, he did then come out and say he didn't feel we had the budget to stay in Div 1 and was kinda proved right.

good coach/motivator (beckham england captain not a bad shout) but not my favourite manager

rool

Jul 10, 2003
back to the point of more money for the auction. The signed Albion ball was after sponsoring the Div 1 Reading home game match ball. It therefore includes Bobby Z and Paul Brooker as the signatures as well as anyone else around that time, although Paul kitson's should be tippexed out as it might devalue it. Stating that might attract more money.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
on the point of Taylor though, he didn't leave us badly IMO. He waited until the end of the season when his contract was up and left because we didn't have the budget to compete in Division one. He could easily have done a Coppell and signed a new one just to keep his income flowing and then piss off after a couple of months when something better came along and for that he is a better man than Coppell will ever be.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Taylor left with far more credit than either Adams and certainly Coppell. He had just secured us the div 2 title, oh sorry Micky Adams did that did'nt he even though he left the club 7 months before ! :dunce: .

He went to the celebrations as he didn;t want to spoil them by saying I'm off. He left with 4 months to get a successor because the chairman would not up the budget, a reasonable request.

How is that worse then Adams or Coppell leave after 2 months of a new season ?!. :jester: .

He knew he would have work coming in from football punditry even if he did not get a new club straight away.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Gareth Glover said:

He went to the celebrations as he didn;t want to spoil them by saying I'm off. .

And far from milking it as stated above he kept a very low profile, as he did at Port Vale, letting the team take the glory. When he did come out at Port Vale a good few minutes AFTER the team the whole team faced him and :bowdown:.

And Ritchie Morris - Hull have been amongst the pre-season favourites for promotion for years and have done nothing. Now Taylor has achieved it he gets no credit (again...)

Fecking incredible :shootself

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here