Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Peter Smith

robbyford182

Dec 19, 2008
Anybody got a pic of Peter Smith (in Brighton Colours) they can post, as I wanna print one out and stick on my work mates locker, who's name is ofc Peter Smith!

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
The whole 'Marley' chant still seems a dodgy one, I mean half of the white blokes in the Goldstone North Stand looked more like Bob Marley than Peter Smith, but no - the guy's black with dreadlocks so 'Marley' it had to be. God knows what he made of it.

:jester:

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
The whole 'Marley' chant still seems a dodgy one, I mean half of the white blokes in the Goldstone North Stand looked more like Bob Marley than Peter Smith, but no - the guy's black with dreadlocks so 'Marley' it had to be. God knows what he made of it.

Don't know what he made of it, but it was a term of endearment rather than abuse (even if it wasn't completely original and the PC-police might have taken issue with it)...despite not being the most skilful player ever to don the stripes we certainly took him to our hearts and he became a cult figure in his own right. I am sure that he never doubted that he earned his own special place in our affections.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here