Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Humour] Peter Kay - Arena Tour 22/23

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
He's coming back after a 12 year absence.
One of the best stand-up comedians I've ever seen / heard.

Big question is, has he still got what it takes.

Details here

Last edited:

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
He clearly doesn't fancy the South. Nearest gig is in Birmingham, not even 1 in London!

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Must admit, I don't get Peter Kay. Filed under professional northerners who expect a laugh because of their cheeky northern accent. Not surprised he's staying up north.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Mrs Lazarou finds him funny and I do in some things, so if he'd been coming south of the Midlands we'd have gone, but no, the sun is too strong for him down this way it would seem, or the audience not to his taste.

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
I think London shows will be added shortly. I might see him in Brighton if he came down here, but not sure I can be arsed to see him at the O2 in London (and definitely not Wembley Arena) assuming he picks one of those venues. There's other comedians I think are far better, although some worse (seen LOADS live over the years - biggest recent disappointment was Katherine Ryan).

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
At those prices it doesn't really matter whether he does or doesn't. He won't need to tour again for another 12 years.
Apparently, non-VIP prices are the same as they were for his tour 12 years ago - £35 for starters - how does that compare with other events of today?

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Apparently, non-VIP prices are the same as they were for his tour 12 years ago - £35 for starters - how does that compare with other events of today?
No idea, about the same probably, it's still a ridiculous amount to pay to listen to a comedian for an hour. I just find the amount you have to pay to be entertained these days to be obscene. #grumpyoldgit

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
He clearly doesn't fancy the South. Nearest gig is in Birmingham, not even 1 in London!
Isn't Cardiff further south? But yeah, you make a good point.

Absolutely love the fella but with the cheap seats costing more than £40 (inc booking) can't help but think he is getting a bit greedy in his old age. But then if you've not worked for 12 years............................

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
I remember seeing Peter Kay on tour at the Dome. I've just looked at when it was and found it was 2002! Doesn't seem twenty years ago. If I went to see him now, he'd probably be reminding me of what things we all did in 2002.

It's easy to sneer at the nostalgia of his 'Do you remember when..' approach to stand up, but whether or not you like what he does, he is an absolute master at it. He was very funny live. My kids grew up with recordings of his stand up in the way that I grew up with my parents watching Morecambe and Wise. His stuff hits the same notes for me and I'm glad to see him back.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Love to see him. Would leap at the chance. But tickets are one thing, need to add in overnight hotel as well. I'll give it a go but doubt I'll get anywhere near the front of the queue.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Massively over rated in my opinion . He’s funny but not especially talented . Judging on the ticket prices , he’s looking for one more big pay day !

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I think a lot of his comedy is northern centric. Certainly most of his routines I can identify with.

his Nan actually looked like both my Nan and grandma and they used to say exactly the things he speaks about in his routine.

observational comedy that doesn’t rely of excess of profanity( like Russel Howard) for me is more palatable.

I saw him at the O2 last time he was there( replacing Michael Jackson) and it was one of the best nights comedy I have ever seen. I honestly believe it’s a northern thing.

I do hope he will put in some more London dates.

( as for the comment above about £35 for 1 hour, not sure where that came from as he was on for yearly 3 hours last time)

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
He's not coming down south cos there's not owt moist int chippy

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I find his stand up fairly tedious, but I have quite enjoyed what I've seen of his Sit-com stuff.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Mrs Lazarou finds him funny and I do in some things, so if he'd been coming south of the Midlands we'd have gone, but no, the sun is too strong for him down this way it would seem, or the audience not to his taste.
Yep - not coming to the south at all. Apart from 5 nights at the O2, not once is he coming south.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here