[Albion] Pervis Estupiñán - SIGNED - 5 YEAR CONTRACT

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
What is going on with Perv recently? He has looked well off the pace this season.
He started off the season well.

We're too over-reliant on him. He's playing too many minutes.

Some of our fans seem to be unable to accept the concept that elite athletes playing too much will affect their levels of performance.

This is exactly why RDZ is rotating the squad - unfortunately for Estupinan we have no other natural left backs yet.

Jimmy Grimble

He’s not got anywhere near the levels he set last season. Strange.

He’s a superb signing for us after Cucu’s bit of glory hunting. BUT his first touch isn’t total top class - doesn’t mean he wouldn’t be in my top team X1. The Lamptey leftback Veltman right back doesn’t massively weaken us tho as Man U showed

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
The post I quoted said this season.

Yes, he was shit today. But I don't remember him having any other bad games.
Has he had any good games? Wolves probably, that's about it.

He looks like he did in his first few games recently, it started in the first half against Newcastle. Erratic positioning, loose in possession, misplacing passes... He's not the only one, but it's surprising considering how consistent he was last season.

Zeus

Jan 10, 2022
He started off the season well.

We're too over-reliant on him. He's playing too many minutes.

Some of our fans seem to be unable to accept the concept that elite athletes playing too much will affect their levels of performance.

This is exactly why RDZ is rotating the squad - unfortunately for Estupinan we have no other natural left backs yet.
It’s October and we are ten games into a season. I’m sorry but I just don’t buy this tired nonsense at all, for any of our players.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
It’s October and we are ten games into a season. I’m sorry but I just don’t buy this tired nonsense at all, for any of our players.
Erm you could count the International games he has played …plus wasnt he playing for Ecuador a week or two before the USA tour….just adding that to the mix

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
It’s hardly the back end of a gruelling season though is it.
As pointed out …last season for him as good as ran into this one…..and re international fixtures just putting it there for accuracy.

For me he’s not looked quite the same player as last…..but it’s easy to say after a defeat

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Thing is it's not just physiological stress it's the necessity to be mentally on it 100% of the time, there isn't much to separate teams these days, fine margins and all that.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
It's been a busy 13 months for Pervis. Moved from Villareal to Brighton, 2 head coaches and staff entourages here, 2 head coaches with Equador, World cup in the middle of the season, has played about 50 times for us and a dozen times for Equador since signing in August 2022, and chucked in a lot of miles of travel to do it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports