Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Pervis Estupiñán - SIGNED - 5 YEAR CONTRACT

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I have a feeling he will become a better player than Cucurella was with us.
He seems to get in better positions in and around the box, and in my opinion is a better crosser of the ball.
That's tended to be the case over the past few years - replace a departed (for whatever reason) player with an upgrade. Pervis could well be another example of this, Caicedo and Sanchez the same.

Let's hope the new recruitment team carries that on!

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Roberto has previously played with a back 4 regularly so Pervis could be vital to our shape. Both Fullbacks got hugely involved in play and were wonderful

Yes he looked much better in the flat back 4

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
He seems to get in better positions in and around the box, and in my opinion is a better crosser of the ball.
Absolutely is. Definitely wasn't Cucurellas strength, while Pervis is really good at it.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Think he looks great. His crosses are superb, whips them in with real pace and accuracy.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Roberto has previously played with a back 4 regularly so Pervis could be vital to our shape. Both Fullbacks got hugely involved in play and were wonderful.
If we play 4 at the back regularly, we might want to think about signing another left back. An injury/suspension to Pervis would leave a bit of a dilemma for RDZ.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
If we play 4 at the back regularly, we might want to think about signing another left back. An injury/suspension to Pervis would leave a bit of a dilemma for RDZ.
Looks like RDZ is going to do the unthinkable act of SAVAGING his former club to buy a player

A small number of players whom the 43-year-old covets have already been discussed internally and an option he is particularly keen to pursue is the Shakhtar Donetsk defender Mykola Matviyenko.

De Zerbi managed Matviyenko at Shakhtar and sources with knowledge of the situation say he is determined to recruit the left-sided centre-back, who could around €20million (£17.2m).

Treacherous bastard that RDZ is !!!!

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
I thought his positioning was dodgy for the first few games, interesting to see Sanchez placing him in a particular position for the corners on Saturday. Grabbed him, moved him and gestured not to move. Whatever help he needed it seems to be working and his attacking play was first class

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Looks like RDZ is going to do the unthinkable act of SAVAGING his former club to buy a player

A small number of players whom the 43-year-old covets have already been discussed internally and an option he is particularly keen to pursue is the Shakhtar Donetsk defender Mykola Matviyenko.

De Zerbi managed Matviyenko at Shakhtar and sources with knowledge of the situation say he is determined to recruit the left-sided centre-back, who could around €20million (£17.2m).

Treacherous bastard that RDZ is !!!!

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
If we were to sign Matviyenko, a left footed centre back and left back, for 20m it would suggest for that kind of money and being De Zerbi's first signing that he'd be going straight into the team. Whose place is he taking?

If it's at centre back would he take Webster's or Dunk's? Webster plays on the left of a three but the right of a two whereas Dunk plays centre in a three and the left in a two? Or would Matviyenko go in at left back replacing summer signing Pervis?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
If we were to sign Matviyenko, a left footed centre back and left back, for 20m it would suggest for that kind of money and being De Zerbi's first signing that he'd be going straight into the team. Whose place is he taking?

If it's at centre back would he take Webster's or Dunk's? Webster plays on the left of a three but the right of a two whereas Dunk plays centre in a three and the left in a two? Or would Matviyenko go in at left back replacing summer signing Pervis?
This is a good question.

I suspect he’d play on the left of a three with Veltman ultimately missing out as Webster would take the RCB role.

Dunk and Webster would be first choice in a back 4 (which De Zerbi must now favour) but I think that Dunk could play with either Veltman or Matviyenko in a back 4 too.

In reality, with loss of form (Webster at the moment) and injury (Veltman) and untried youngsters (Van Hecke & Colwill), I think we are desperate for a proper replacement for Dan Burn. This guy has the experience to fit right in.

Dec 29, 2011

Extra competition? If any of our CBs get injured we don't have many decent replacements.

Aristotle

Mar 18, 2008
Edinburgh

But can he play left back.... oh...

Aristotle

Mar 18, 2008
Edinburgh

But can he play left back.... oh...

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Extra competition? If any of our CBs get injured we don't have many decent replacements.
True we don't have the greatest depth but IF(and I accept it's a big if) we paid 20million for him it doesn't really fit our model that we'd pay that much for cover, particularly as it would be one of De Zerbi's first signings.

It seems much more likely that he'd be signed with the intention of going straight into the team and in that case, for whom?

Of course we could be interested in him at a much lower price or not at all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here