[Albion] Pervis Estupiñán - SIGNED - 5 YEAR CONTRACT

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Lamptey has not shown the form he had before his injury. Not sure if it's a loss of a bit of pace or confidence (Which I would have thought GP could fix)
But we don't see as many breaks down the right and a cross as we used to often checks and passes back or inside.

He doesn't have the same pace as before (he is still quick though, just not inhumanely fast) but I think he is starting to adapt to that reality quite nicely and he still got very good technique and is decent at crossing.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
'People' are clueless idiots.

'People' have deep held prejudices, and are just too stubborn or embarrassed, to admit are wrong.

People realise he has zero end product and that’ll never change about him. Said people understand our squads weaknesses and want to see them improved upon. People realise he’s our weakest player in the starting 11….

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
People realise he has zero end product and that’ll never change about him. Said people understand our squads weaknesses and want to see them improved upon. People realise he’s our weakest player in the starting 11….

Yet he’s appeared under at least 5 managers and continues to do so. Maybe they are all wrong ?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
He doesn't have the same pace as before (he is still quick though, just not inhumanely fast) but I think he is starting to adapt to that reality quite nicely and he still got very good technique and is decent at crossing.

What data have you got confirming his reduction in pace ?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Thanks for proving the point.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

I suggested March as I think ultimately Potter may shift things around and he'll be the fall guy, but I understand his importance to the team even if you and others don't. Before the Man U game, a friend told me he was unhappy with Gross and March in the team, we know how that turned out as they were fantastic linking up on the right and were perhaps our best two players amongst stiff competition from the other lads. March has continued the fine form and he is invaluable as a utility player as well.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

People also "realise" that Sanchez is shite, many wanting him benched last season. They also "realised" that Webster is shite, Dunk is no longer good enough, Bissouma is downing his toos, that Gross is finished at this level, that Lallana and Welbeck would never do more than a handful of appearances per season, that Connolly was worth £50m... and that March has no end product. People "realise" a lot of interesting things about footballers, because they don't understand football.

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
If this guy is anywhere close to Cucu then another massive coup at sensible wedge. Long live the recruitment department and our super scouting.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
People also "realise" that Sanchez is shite, many wanting him benched last season. They also "realised" that Webster is shite, Dunk is no longer good enough, Bissouma is downing his toos, that Gross is finished at this level, that Lallana and Welbeck would never do more than a handful of appearances per season, that Connolly was worth £50m... and that March has no end product. People "realise" a lot of interesting things about footballers, because they don't understand football.

Sadly a lot of fans form an opinion of a player based on characteristics, strengths and weaknesses that they notice at a certain moment in the player's career and are utterly unable see when the strengths fail a bit or the weaknesses are eradicated. They just get stuck. For my part, I freely admit that my heart is in my mouth every time Webster gets the ball and I'll probably never be able to shake that feeling of foreboding. Nor resist shouting at him when he does something dumb. I see the best in everyone but him, however hard I try not to.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Solly March has been a revelation this season hasn't he ? I was running out of patience with his lack of belief in himself and his tendency to drift into spectator mode ............. but this season he had been brilliant. Long may it continue.

(other views are available).

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Re Lamptey, in his recent interview Julio Enciso said just how quick he is, too quick to keep up with.

Re his perceived slow down, I wonder if some of that is caused by teams now knowing about him and making it much harder for him to get a run at the full back? When he first burst into the team, he was an unknown quantity and surprised everyone.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Re his perceived slow down, I wonder if some of that is caused by teams now knowing about him and making it much harder for him to get a run at the full back? When he first burst into the team, he was an unknown quantity and surprised everyone.

I think this has a lot to do with it. You're a very silly manager if you've got Brighton in your next game and not thought about tactics to thwart a player like Lamptey. He was very much a surprise package in those initial months.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Solly March has been a revelation this season hasn't he ? I was running out of patience with his lack of belief in himself and his tendency to drift into spectator mode ............. but this season he had been brilliant. Long may it continue.

Same, I have found his lack of confidence for a player with so much skill very frustrating but he has been a revelation this season

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
I think this has a lot to do with it. You're a very silly manager if you've got Brighton in your next game and not thought about tactics to thwart a player like Lamptey. He was very much a surprise package in those initial months.

So, in that respect, the initial comment made about Estupinan on the left and Lamptey on the right could well hold true. Managers will have a plan for Lamptey, which often looks to be doubling up on him. It's going to be difficult to have the same plan on the other side at the same time - without leaving a huge hole in the middle for us. Exciting times.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria

Same, I have found his lack of confidence for a player with so much skill very frustrating but he has been a revelation this season

I don't think he's been a revelation this season. He showed the season before last up until his injury that he could do what he has done so far this year. It's more the case that he is back to where he should have been if he hadn't been injured - so let's hope he stays clear of tweaks and sprains!

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Amazing how many people just want to drop March after his outstanding first two league games and pre-season.

He is comfortably our best RWB at the moment. Lamptey has a lot of work to do to get ahead of him.

This.

All of our players are performing at a high level, and Solly is no different.

Said it a few times, but at the moment Tariq is easy to play, Solly certainly isn’t.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Tis a squad game.

"Coming on for the Albion

Pervy - Lampy - Mitomay.

They're replacing

Solly - Trossy - Lallanay".

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports