Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Pervis Estupiñán - SIGNED - 5 YEAR CONTRACT

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Amazing how many people just want to drop March after his outstanding first two league games and pre-season.

He is comfortably our best RWB at the moment. Lamptey has a lot of work to do to get ahead of him.

'People' are clueless idiots.

'People' have deep held prejudices, and are just too stubborn or embarrassed, to admit are wrong.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
This is where the five subs rule works in our favour. We have some strength in depth now, so the starters can run the opposition ragged for an hour, then the subs can do the same against tiring legs

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021

'People' have deep held prejudices, and are just too stubborn or embarrassed, to admit are wrong.

I can't agree. The squad is such that players who have impressed and consistently performed at a high level for us aren't going to start.

I'm a Solly fan and I'd keep him in, but someone who suggests we play Lamptey at RWB instead isn't a clueless idiot.

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
This is where the five subs rule works in our favour. We have some strength in depth now, so the starters can run the opposition ragged for an hour, then the subs can do the same against tiring legs

Don't forget opposition also have the same . I think the most interesting aspect is whether a manager is the first to jump in with subs or waits to see what his counterpart does and then reacts . What does help is Graham's ability to switch formations mid match .

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Don't forget opposition also have the same . I think the most interesting aspect is whether a manager is the first to jump in with subs or waits to see what his counterpart does and then reacts . What does help is Graham's ability to switch formations mid match .

That's sort of where I was meandering to, Potter is quite good at adjusting the formation to suit

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012

I can't agree. The squad is such that players who have impressed and consistently performed at a high level for us aren't going to start.

I'm a Solly fan and I'd keep him in, but someone who suggests we play Lamptey at RWB instead isn't a clueless idiot.

People should leave Mr Potter to get on with it, because he does it quite well……. Including choosing the individual players who can counter the opposition plans/players the best.

But been he will admit sometimes he is wrong…… like saying he should have used Senor Caicedo more seriously and played him sooner than he did.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018

Agree,

Especially as the frequency of making substitutions is restricted to 3 opportunities plus half time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I have long thought that we should pick players depending on the tactics of the team we are playing. GP is the first Albion manager who has done this imo. Even better he has drilled the players to be able to change formations and tactics during a game, the man is a fecking genius and I get the impression that the vast majority of our squad love playing for him.

I know some don’t agree with me but :shrug:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
So Man City will be keeping a close eye on him then, and I doubt they’ll make the same schoolboy error with Tony Bloom next summer.

tronnogull

May 17, 2010

In the past I have not wanted us to get to Europe because I thought it would really mess us up. But we are now building the strength in depth to soon be able to support being in European competitions.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Amazing how many people just want to drop March after his outstanding first two league games and pre-season.

He is comfortably our best RWB at the moment. Lamptey has a lot of work to do to get ahead of him.

Lamptey has not shown the form he had before his injury. Not sure if it's a loss of a bit of pace or confidence (Which I would have thought GP could fix)
But we don't see as many breaks down the right and a cross as we used to often checks and passes back or inside.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia

March is the hardest mofo in the PL.

Never gets pushed around and is always cracking in and keeping the oppo honest.

Works his arse off when on the pitch and makes his opponent scared.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Humidity is rising (uh rising), barometer's getting low (how low girl?)
According to all sources (Romano?) the deal is on, LETS GO!
'Cause tonight for the first time (first time)
We have a masterplan (masterplan)
For the first time in history
It’s Pervis Estupinan

Estupinan hallelujah, Estupinan, amen
He’s gonna go and make himself get
Absolutely soaking wet
Estupinan, hallelujah
Estupinan, he’s a specimen
Tall, young, dark and lean
Rough and tough and strong and mean

God bless Villareal, They needed the money too
He came down from heaven and he’ll do what he has to do
He’ll replace Cucurella, get talked about on Sky
So that each and every pundit will say, where do they find these guys?
Estupinan

Last edited:

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
Lamptey has not shown the form he had before his injury. Not sure if it's a loss of a bit of pace or confidence (Which I would have thought GP could fix)
But we don't see as many breaks down the right and a cross as we used to often checks and passes back or inside.

I think he doesn`t want to commit to the tackle,he passes rather than risks a physical challenge since his injury .

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
So Man City will be keeping a close eye on him then, and I doubt they’ll make the same schoolboy error with Tony Bloom next summer.

I think with BW and Cucu, other club hierarchy are coming to realise that #teamslikeBrighton are not the push over that they envisioned and will not bow to pressure of other clubs/Twatterazzi (esp Italian ones), agents and even players. A tone has been set now and if they want our best players, they'll have to pay thru the nose, arse and every other orifice.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
I'd expect Colwill to be the bottom of the list with all upto scratch as, basically, he's not our own player.

I think that we dont have a single like for like replacement for Cucurella, we have two players that will fill the roles that he did. Colwill and Estupinan but not necessarily at the same time, or every game. Potter will pick whatever team he feels has the best chance against any given opposition. The formations are so fluid and often unexpected that the opposition dont know how we are playing even after the match has started. So I dont think its a case of being at the bottom, top, or middle of the pile for anyone (except maybe Dunk and Sanchez) rather what player fits the roles Potter wants to play in a particular game, or with 5 subs, in a particular part of a game.

Utd were taken apart simply because they had no answer to a totally unexpected way that Brighton played, and unlike Brighton were simply unable to change their formation enough during the match to get a real look in. I would suggest if we get Utd away in a cup we could play the same exact 11 and play completely differently. With no set in stone preferred formation or starting 11, I think all the new players will get a chance

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
Thank you everyone, I’ve just spent a really good hour reading back through this thread ! I tend not to get too involved until the player/s in question have committed to our club as get disappointed when things do not go to plan.
This guy seems the real deal and is potentially another who will have our more esteemed rivals lining up with their wallets opened and at the ready.
This is another in the long line of exciting signings that our clubs owners have paid their due diligence and kept under the radar until almost wrapped up. Well done all concerned and welcome Pervis. In B&H A we can all trust.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here