Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Personal Trainers - Advice

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
The Amex diet has made me put on at least a stone since last August and quite frankly I need to do do something about it!

I am a member of a gym but to be honest I struggle with the motivation to go so i have been thinking about PT.

Does anyone on here have one they can recommend in Haywards Heath area and know roughly how much it costs?

Thanks x

pseudonym

Sep 22, 2011
Hell
The Amex diet has made me put on at least a stone since last August and quite frankly I need to do do something about it!

I am a member of a gym but to be honest I struggle with the motivation to go so i have been thinking about PT.

Does anyone on here have one they can recommend in Haywards Heath area and know roughly how much it costs?

Thanks x

Im no personal trainer but from what i understand plenty of sex can help burn the calories and help get you into shape, since mid January my mrs has not allowed me any kind of sexual activity and as such i have also piled on the pounds, this is not a coincidence.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
My gut is also a casualty of the Amex diet as all the beer and pies have left me looking slightly pregnant.
I think both my health and my wallet are looking forward to the off season.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I would say go for it. My other half was going to the gym for a year and lost no weight - all she did was stop putting on any more. She then changed to a cheaper gym and used the savings to get a PT - the results have been stunning.

A lot of it was down to things that didn't seem logical at the time, but have given longer-term benefit. For example, when she first started with the PT, he put her onto a weights regime, even though her stated aim was to lose weight (she wasn't happy about this) - what this did was build up the muscle so that when she moved to cardio, it was a lot easier for her.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
I will be your personal trainer for you.
For the next three months walk more! stop stuffing your face! and don't drink alcohol !
As they say it ain't rocket science.
Send my £480 fee to the remf fund and stop bleating blubber head!

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Mate don't pay for a personal trainer, 99% of them are f***ing clueless and will teach you bad things rather than good. Lift heavy weights and eat a clean 40 protein 40 carbs 20 fat diet.

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
I am now carrying twins (twin elephants I think). Despite being in the WSU the Amex has not been good for me, with all the half time/full time drinking/eating on the concourse!

I go to the Gym regularly and if I have no target to aim for (ie any marathon or half marathon) find myself coasting and it's probably not doing me much good. I am a member at Nuffield Gym near Three Bridges and the membership fee includes all classes, so I have just taken up Spin classes. I love it and it makes me work harder. I do that every Thursday evening and once the football season finishes will also do a class (not decided which one yet) on a Saturday morning. The Gym also has a decent size swimming pool and one of the reasons we joined that one.

You can pay extra for a PT, but I am not going down that route as the gym membership expensive enough already.

Anyway I hope to give birth over the summer and be running up to the WSU from the start of next season!

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
Thanks chaps, I think I will have one more blow out tomorrow and sign off from the joy that is the PigletsHarveys diet (until next season!).

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I'll add my vote to the heavy weight lifting approach. It will build muscle and increase your metabolism even when you're just resting. Google 'compound lifts' and try to build your workouts around hard sets of them in the 6-10 rep range.

Alternatively, those military fitness/boot camp sessions I see going on at my local park always seem to be full of clunge.

D

Deleted member 18477

I'll add my vote to the heavy weight lifting approach. It will build muscle and increase your metabolism even when you're just resting. Google 'compound lifts' and try to build your workouts around hard sets of them in the 6-10 rep range.

Alternatively, those military fitness/boot camp sessions I see going on at my local park always seem to be full of clunge.

this man is not wrong.

however my vote goes to... buy a kettlebell and swing the shit out of it at home. look on youtube for some video workouts. eat protein, carbs AND FAT!

being slim is 75% diet, 25% exercise.

the internet has all the info you need. don't get a PT. pay me and i will ring you everyday calling you a fatty fatty boom boom for motivation if you like?

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Unless you have an injury and need sports therapy, PTs are generally a waste of time. I probably know two out of about 100 in Brighton that don't wear stupid t-shirts or go too soft on their "clients" (the illusion that you're working hard enough when you're not means you'll keep going back to them.)

If you need a bootcamp, the ones at Gallus are now free to all members (£20/month, no sign-on). Monday and Wednesdays at 7am and there will be more.

Kettlebells are a really good all-round strength worker which should also get your cardio going at home quickly. Base on eBay sell quality 16k ones for £20.

The best motivation, in my opinion, is the result. If you know exactly why you are exercising - getting rid of your beergut and looking good, being able to run up the WSU steps without breaking a sweat, pulling a Cheryl Cole lookalike down West Street - that's your motivation. The stronger your visualisation of it is, the better your motivation will be.

DT Withdean

Mar 5, 2011
Mate don't pay for a personal trainer, 99% of them are f***ing clueless and will teach you bad things rather than good. Lift heavy weights and eat a clean 40 protein 40 carbs 20 fat diet.

This is the way forward. Too much bread, pasta & potatoes in our diet; masses of carbs are not needed unless you are a fulltime athlete or heavy workload labourer.

Add a lot more lean protein.

And just do any exercise you don't mind ranging from fast walks, cycling, swimming, etc.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here