Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Perfect Roast Meat

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
The bigger the joint of meat the more margin there is for error. And in any case you don't wanna be cooking a small joint do you?!

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
How do you do yours?

Plenty of incisions into the raw meat - smother the whole lot in butter which has chopped garlic, rosemary and anchovies mashed in. No salt. Seal it, slow roast it.

For slow roast I would always use shoulder and so certainly wouldn't add any additional fat.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
My Neff oven has a temperature probe inside it. Stick it into the joint, tell the oven what internal temperature you want the meat to cook to, close the door, open some beer, and when the internal temperature is correct, the oven not only turns itself off, but plays a little tune to tell you it's ready. Fantastic.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
My Neff oven has a temperature probe inside it. Stick it into the joint, tell the oven what internal temperature you want the meat to cook to, close the door, open some beer, and when the internal temperature is correct, the oven not only turns itself off, but plays a little tune to tell you it's ready. Fantastic.

There you go.

:lolol:

Typical Neff owners. Dismissing my gadget and you then find the Neff HAS ONE BUILT IN.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here