Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Perfect Planning !

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
We have decided to return to the UK for the mother in law's 90th later this year.
When my wife said we would be spreading the 3 week break between May and June.
I checked and told her to make sure the dates coincided with the last home game against Manure and left her to book it.
She got her dates mixed up, now we arrive 3 days after the game has been played.
I said never mind with head in hands and checked out the Sussex cricket schedule, hoping I could at least get a match in and there it was, a T20 game at Hove on June 1st.
I mentioned it to the wife who proclaimed that this was the date of her mum's birthday and we would be celebrating with her, so that's that then, no football or cricket for me.
When she said it was all booked I thought the sport had been taken into considetation, then I saw the confirmation, once paid !
Anyone else had a long trip so badly managed.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I almost turned up at Whitehawk for a match that had been postponed. But I noticed just before I was due to leave.

I'm not helping am I ?

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Not a trip, but missing a major Albion moment.

My wife was having a ‘zero’ birthday. So months in advance I started planning, contacting far flung family and friends, arranging a sound system and marquee, checking children could be home that weekend (no fail), hinted and cajoled the Mrs into going to a Champneys Spa for a night or two etc etc. All went swimmingly well until about 4 or 5 weeks someone joked about it probably clashing with the play offs, oh how I laughed when I realised it actually WAS that weekend. Still, never happen will it? We will get auto promo, or it will be the Sunday match (party booked for BH Monday afternoon), no worries.

Anyway, all came to fruition with a Monday match in Cardiff, me in Hove, wife driving back from Champneys with daughter, and half the guests turning up wankered at about 10 pm after getting back from Wales! Play Off Final missed by me. :facepalm:

W3 BHA

Nov 16, 2009
We have decided to return to the UK for the mother in law's 90th later this year.
I checked and told her to make sure the dates coincided with the last home game against Manure and left her to book it.
She got her dates mixed up, now we arrive 3 days after the game has been played.
I said never mind with head in hands and checked out the Sussex cricket schedule, hoping I could at least get a match in and there it was, a T20 game at Hove on June 1st.
I mentioned it to the wife who proclaimed that this was the date of her mum's birthday and we would be celebrating with her, so that's that then, no football or cricket for me.
When she said it was all booked I thought the sport had been taken into considetation, then I saw the confirmation, once paid !

Every sympathy but, you know what they say, 'If you want something doing.....' 🙄

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer

Sorry Mike, whilst i'm not sure of the details, I don't think you can blame anyone except yourself here. If you have some requirements that are so important to you, you needed to be involved in the planning or do it yourself. I absolutely hate doing all the work to plan a holiday, as you can't please anyone, and its even worse when something isn't quite right and that person hasn't lifted a finger to help except "I told you" blah blah blah. Slightly narcissistic and really gets my goat.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Sorry Mike, whilst i'm not sure of the details, I don't think you can blame anyone except yourself here. If you have some requirements that are so important to you, you needed to be involved in the planning or do it yourself. I absolutely hate doing all the work to plan a holiday, as you can't please anyone, and its even worse when something isn't quite right and that person hasn't lifted a finger to help except "I told you" blah blah blah. Slightly narcissistic and really gets my goat.

You are Mike's wife, aren't you?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

No point in getting here for the last match, you'd be asleep anyway.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
She had one job, just one job!

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
I once foolishly booked a flight back from a Bangkok for the day of the World Cup Final. Obviously, England didn't reach the final so not a total disaster but I did miss Zidane's headbutt on Materazzi.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
We had arranged a 90th Birthday party for my mother and then when the fixtures came out, it was scheduled for the same Saturday as Palace at home. Myself (and the 4 other STHs in the family) all agreed that it would be moved from Saturday 3.00 and weren't bothered. As the date became closer, it became more obvious it wasn't going to be changed. Somewhat fortuitously, the Queen died.

I have had a ski holiday booked with a few mates (including another STH) since September. We are away March 10th-17th missing 3 home matches including Roma. And to rub salt in the wound, we are going to Italy :dunce:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I have had a ski holiday booked with a few mates (including another STH) since September. We are away March 10th-17th missing 3 home matches including Roma. And to rub salt in the wound, we are going to Italy :dunce:
I wouldn't be so utterly stupid to post this even if I was that stupid to book a holiday during the football season.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Check the how are you getting to Rome thread!

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Slightly different. DJ'd at a party a few years back where the host and most of the guests had a box at Spurs as a birthday present. Party was in a pub in Brighton that closed at 11:00, by which time none of the guests had got back. A night with a handfull of 'older' relatives and some of them went home early. Luckily I take my money upfront as by closing time the place was empty. Or maybe it was my music.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I fly off on holiday on the morning of 22nd May and will still be on holiday on 25th May.

I am not going to Dublin or London.

I booked this holiday only a month or so ago without realising the potential consequences.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I've been at weddings for the Buckley Doncaster game, and for the 4-1 win against Man Utd.

Cheers for that guys. The Doncaster couple I have barely seen since, friends of my wife's really. Certainly now anyway.

Jul 7, 2003
@OzMike Have you spoken to the travel agency to see how much it would cost to change the flights? If you explain that your wife booked them, then they should show sympathy unless they have gone soft down in Oz.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here