Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Percy Tau

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
The question is where does he play in a Potter side?

Not a centre forward, not a number 10, not a wing- back either.

He isn't a Potter signing and I can see why he might not get much game time when Lamptey is back.

I might be wrong but I really don't rate him.

Shhhhh, need to shift a few million Albion Tau shirts first via our Jo'berg pop up supporters shop.....then you can bin him off!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Are we writing him off yet?
He isn't strong enough, he doesn't look after the ball, and he hasn't looked like scoring, including the game against league one Blackpool.

Not sure whether writing him off is appropriate, because a lot depends on his attitude and ability to fix the glaring shortcomings, all of which is the managers job. But I'll make no apology for saying he is nowhere near good enough right now.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
He isn't strong enough, he doesn't look after the ball, and he hasn't looked like scoring, including the game against league one Blackpool.

Not sure whether writing him off is appropriate, because a lot depends on his attitude and ability to fix the glaring shortcomings, all of which is the managers job. But I'll make no apology for saying he is nowhere near good enough right now.

If you fancy a bit of fun, wait till the official Albion match report thing appears on facebook, copy and paste the above (which I agree with), stick on tin hat and face the incoming wrath of the Tau cultists!

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
The question is where does he play in a Potter side?

Not a centre forward, not a number 10, not a wing- back either.

He isn't a Potter signing and I can see why he might not get much game time when Lamptey is back.

I might be wrong but I really don't rate him.

I agree. Might be another Ali J. Just doesn’t fit the system

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I agree. Might be another Ali J. Just doesn’t fit the system

Potter would never have bought either Ali J or Tau in a million years.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
If you fancy a bit of fun, wait till the official Albion match report thing appears on facebook, copy and paste the above (which I agree with), stick on tin hat and face the incoming wrath of the Tau cultists!

We'll just have to apologise to them, explain that he's too good for us, and give him back!

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I know it’s early days but as others have said, I’m really not sure where he fits into our side. At his age I can’t see him being happy being a bit part player who just gets games in the cups so wouldn’t be at all suprised if he’s moved on in the summer.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Some slightly unfair criticism for Tau tonight I feel. I thought he played alright when he sat back slightly and fed through balls to Zeqiri. He's got a decent pass on him, and let's not forget he's had very little game time for us. It's got to be a far cry from the level he's used to playing at so I'm happy to cut him some slack for a while. I reckon he'll come good once he finds a bit of confidence and regular game time.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
Some slightly unfair criticism for Tau tonight I feel. I thought he played alright when he sat back slightly and fed through balls to Zeqiri. He's got a decent pass on him, and let's not forget he's had very little game time for us. It's got to be a far cry from the level he's used to playing at so I'm happy to cut him some slack for a while. I reckon he'll come good once he finds a bit of confidence and regular game time.

Hear hear. We worked his little socks off, I thought. Some nice touches and passes.

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patron
May 8, 2013
Downunder
I know it’s early days but as others have said, I’m really not sure where he fits into our side. At his age I can’t see him being happy being a bit part player who just gets games in the cups so wouldn’t be at all suprised if he’s moved on in the summer.

Surely you mean moooved on............?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Didnt see the game yesterday but regarding Tau I think its obvious the club are taking a chance that may or may not work out, there is nothing he did in Belgium that indicates he is better than any of the options. Still early though and he got the spring to adapt/improve, if he doesnt I wouldnt be surprised if he gets shipped in the summer.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Agree, just looks a little out of his depth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
He looked to have something about him last night, Potter will decide whether he is part of his plans, not really bothered which way it goes. :albion2:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Can’t say I’m surprised really . He hasn’t been pulling up any trees in the noddy leagues he’s played and he’s nearly 27 .

If he was 17/18 / 19 you ( like zeqiri) could allow for being raw / developing / growing / improving .

He can get better of course but looks out his depth at the moment .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here