Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Percy Tau

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Could do with going on loan.

And I mean possibly to the Championship to get acclimatised to our leagues.

Appreciate it's still very early but certainly doesn't look much like a Lion, more of a kitten.

edchan102

Aug 21, 2020
Don't forget we bought him in 2018. At that time, he was more than enough for the team. But now we are full of players with talent, he isn't good enough for us anymore.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
not sure leicester was much of an opportunity for him to do much , top six nailed on , he will probably realise soon enough that he has to make things happen , they're not just going to happen by themselves.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
He wasn't brilliant, but he was up against good defenders. He certainly didn't look any much worse than our alternatives. we now have 3 little Jaffas up front.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Could do with going on loan.

And I mean possibly to the Championship to get acclimatised to our leagues.

Appreciate it's still very early but certainly doesn't look much like a Lion, more of a kitten.

Doesn't his contract end next summer? He hasn't got long to prove himself, and now we're out of the cup....

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
If you fancy a bit of fun, wait till the official Albion match report thing appears on facebook, copy and paste the above (which I agree with), stick on tin hat and face the incoming wrath of the Tau cultists!

I unfollowed that Facebook account as all it was, was saffies taking the piss out of us and every little thing the albion put out was met with a bombardment of shite from SA

Seemly the teams in Belgium he played for had exactly the same problem.

For The little bit I saw last night I couldn’t really say how he played, but it looks to me like he needs game time and I can’t see where he fits into this team.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
‘He needs game time’

He’s played half a season in Belgium it’s not like he isn’t up to speed and match sharpness.

‘He’s not had many minutes’

It’s not about how many minutes he’s had, it’s about what he’s shown in those minutes. I think many of us were hoping he would come in and offer us something different, for me he looks nowhere near as good as Maupay, who if we are going to climb up the league we probably need to improve on.

‘Give him time’

He’s 27 this year, how much time does he need? He’s at his footballing peak. I’m really wondering if the videos we saw of him from Belgium have been fast forwarded as he looks nowhere near as fast as they made out.

‘Mac took time to settle in’

True, but we saw flashes of brilliance from Mac, and he’s just turned 22. We’ve seen nothing from Tau, well aside from Man City where he had about 5 touches of the ball :lolol:

For me it’s clear he’s never going to be good enough for the PL, I know maybe that’s harsh but he doesn’t look outstanding in any area & most importantly I can’t see how he fits into a Potter team, he doesn’t look like a Potter type player to me, not good enough technically.

I really want him to do well, but based on what we’ve seen so far I don’t see it.

dennis

Aug 1, 2007
Cornwall
I only managed to catch the highlights on iplayer and he looked pretty good on that but then again I’m one of those against the show reels that get passed around when someone is looking for a transfer

We can’t judge him on last night

Let’s face after the nightmares that Burns been having he keeps getting games and we could say the same about Connolly too!

He deserves more game time before we start throwing him to the wolves!

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
‘Give him time’

He’s 27 this year, how much time does he need? He’s at his footballing peak. I’m really wondering if the videos we saw of him from Belgium have been fast forwarded as he looks nowhere near as fast as they made out.

True, but we saw flashes of brilliance from Mac, and he’s just turned 22. We’ve seen nothing from Tau, well aside from Man City where he had about 5 touches of the ball :lolol:

To be fair, we only saw very, very small glimpses from Mac, his real development has been in the last month, a year since he came back into the fold.

To dismiss Tau's glimpses of quality and use similarly sparse Mac glimpses as a stick with which to beat him is harsh to say the least. I the games he's looked good in, he's been fine, in others he's been "ok". I don't think he's been bad by any means, but he was signed at a time where the recruitment team had a fetish for cheap, quick, lightweight and highly inconsistent overseas wingers. It remains to be seen whether or not he'll break the mould.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
To be fair, we only saw very, very small glimpses from Mac, his real development has been in the last month, a year since he came back into the fold.

To dismiss Tau's glimpses of quality and use similarly sparse Mac glimpses as a stick with which to beat him is harsh to say the least. I the games he's looked good in, he's been fine, in others he's been "ok". I don't think he's been bad by any means, but he was signed at a time where the recruitment team had a fetish for cheap, quick, lightweight and highly inconsistent overseas wingers. It remains to be seen whether or not he'll break the mould.

Difference is Mac came from Argentina as a 21 year old guy into a totally alien environment and for me he did show lots of signs of class in his odd appearances but was guilty of being inconsistent. Tau is nearly 27 and I just don’t see what people are seeing, what have we seen from him? I’m struggling to remember him even having a threatening shot on target and he’s not exactly quick :shrug:

I don’t want to be harsh on the bloke but sometimes you just know if someone has got it or not, I’d be surprised if he’s still here come start of next season.

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley

twickers

Jul 17, 2003
‘He needs game time’

He’s played half a season in Belgium it’s not like he isn’t up to speed and match sharpness.

‘He’s not had many minutes’

It’s not about how many minutes he’s had, it’s about what he’s shown in those minutes. I think many of us were hoping he would come in and offer us something different, for me he looks nowhere near as good as Maupay, who if we are going to climb up the league we probably need to improve on.

‘Give him time’

For me it’s clear he’s never going to be good enough for the PL, I know maybe that’s harsh but he doesn’t look outstanding in any area & most importantly I can’t see how he fits into a Potter team, he doesn’t look like a Potter type player to me, not good enough technically.

I really want him to do well, but based on what we’ve seen so far I don’t see it.

Agree he's not shown any obvious stand out qualities so far. That said had the crosses been a few feet lower last night he may have been a goal hero. You can see him thinking, a little too much, about placing passes...playing safe.. Zequiri appeals because he's taking the ask for forgiveness approach.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here