Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

pepipoo website

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Like most, if something is free and I am eligible, like my bus pass, I use it but that doesnt mean I agree that it should be free, me not using it would make no difference to anybody other than me.

Your bus pass only costs something when it is used. Each time you swipe it, the bus company claims the money, so if you want to pay your bus fare, you are saving the country money.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
For those interested in getting an illegal parking notice squashed here is the official statement.

(Appellant) -v- JAS Parking Solutions (Operator)

The Operator issued parking charge notice number JAS13254 arising out of the presence at Staples, on 23 June 2014, of a vehicle with registration mark xxxxxxxx.
The Appellant appealed against liability for the parking charge.
The Assessor has considered the evidence of both parties and has determined that the appeal be allowed.
The Assessor’s reasons are as set out.
The Operator should now cancel the parking charge notice forthwith.

3161844008 2 10 September 2014
Reasons for the Assessor’s Determination
The Operator issued parking charge notice number JAS13254 arising out of the presence at Staples, on 23 June 2014, of a vehicle with registration mark xxxxxxx.
It is the Operator’s case that the Appellant parked their vehicle at the site and did not use the car park provider’s premises and this was a breach of the terms and conditions of parking as set out on signage tt the site.
The Appellant has made a number of submissions, however, I will only elaborate on the one submission that I am allowing this appeal on, namely that the parking charge amount is not a genuine pre-estimate of loss.
As the Appellant has raised the issue of the charge not being a genuine pre- estimate of loss, the onus is on the Operator to prove that it is. The Operator has produced a breakdown of costs that they incur in pursuing a breach of the terms and conditions of parking, however, there appears to be costs included for IT systems which, I am not satisfied can be included in the loss that was caused by the Appellant’s breach of the terms and conditions of parking.
I have looked at all of the evidence and have decided to allow this appeal on the basis that the Operator has failed to prove that the parking charge amount is a genuine pre-estimate of loss.
Accordingly, this appeal must be allowed.

Nozir Uddin
Assessor

This will happen at ASDA, TESCO SAINSBURYS LIDL WICKES B&Q etc anywhere there is free parking

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here