Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] People you'd rather see as Foreign Secretary than Boris Johnson

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'm hardly going to have an intelligent debate with an aggressive drunk.Do you talk down to your Y2 children like that?If so that's why you're stuck in Sheffield.
The Two Professors highlighted the utter unwarranted arrogance of some in the teaching profession,and I see nothing much has changed.

What’s this approach/obsession with calling people drunks? You did this with me, you did it with someone else and now a third person. Is there something you need to tell us? Do you have a problem?

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I'm hardly going to have an intelligent debate with an aggressive drunk.Do you talk down to your Y2 children like that?If so that's why you're stuck in Sheffield.
The Two Professors highlighted the utter unwarranted arrogance of some in the teaching profession,and I see nothing much has changed.

What's this got to do with teachers? ��

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Thornberry is one of those people whom seems to say what she wants.

Isn't this what Johnson's supporters purport to love about him?

I love the way the left jump all over what Johnson says

So does Johnson, I think. Which is what makes the language he's chosen to use here cynical. Oppressed women (his words, not mine) are being used as collateral damage for his leadership ambitions. You only have to see the responses here to see he's played the gallery he's playing to perfectly.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I am not a supporter of the Burka and I am undecided whether I would support a ban. What I absolutely know for certain though is that I do not wish our politicians to reduce serious discussion to distracting nonsense with deliberate provocation about extremely sensitive and emotive subjects.

The man has an enviable public position, his voice is heard and his words hold sway. It is a damning indictment of the man that he chooses to use his priviliged position to stir up racial discourse.

Free speech. Just because something is free doesn't mean you should waste it.

This (assuming you meant 'discord')

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Absolute nonsense. He's used his freedom of speech to show the world (once again) who he is, and what he has written is quite rightly out there to be judged.

Sorry - I'm rarely on here in the evenings, so I missed your question.

The difference is she hasn't mocked burqa wearers, just voiced an opinion that she has reservations over them. She hasn't said she doesn't like them because they look like bank robbing post boxes.

It's not that Johnson is pro or anti burqa, a valid debate BTW. It's the manner and wording he has used, and the intention behind the wording, from someone who wants to lead the country.

I don't really understand why some are finding it hard to differentiate between the two :shrug:

I think it's because they are stupid.

But these two posters have answered it pretty succinctly.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
What’s this approach/obsession with calling people drunks? You did this with me, you did it with someone else and now a third person. Is there something you need to tell us? Do you have a problem?

Just being polite.I regard anyone that stalks me across several threads,even to the extent of forgetting which thread they are on or who they are logged in as either drunk,or having a mental problem of some kind.As it happens most on a Friday,I charitably make the assumption they have had a few too many.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Isn't this what Johnson's supporters purport to love about him?

So does Johnson, I think. Which is what makes the language he's chosen to use here cynical. Oppressed women (his words, not mine) are being used as collateral damage for his leadership ambitions. You only have to see the responses here to see he's played the gallery he's playing to perfectly.

Don't get me wrong I wouldn't want him as PM. Far from it.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
What's this got to do with left or right politics? You sound like you've swallowed a copy of the Daily Mail.

I've read what Johnson wrote and I actually agree with quite a lot of it. Unfortunately, as ever, he can't help himself when it comes to chucking in a bit of racism to make it controversial. It undermines what looks like the point of the article, but in reality it IS the point of the article.

He's just a nasty chancer who will do and say whatever he thinks will increase his profile and his popularity amongst the hard of thinking.

He proved this with his U turn on Brexit. It couldn't have been more clear that this was a man who values himself over everything and is willing to lie through his teeth to advance himself. But people still listen to him and some morons still vote for him. It's very sad really.

I don't see this as anything to do with left or right. It's just discussing a **** being a ****.

everything you say about boris johnson is true , and everything hes said about the burqua is true , another point is how the f*ck are we meant to trust the bloke in high office when he cant even sort out his f*cking barnet ??

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Where did Emily Thornberry mock their appearance here then?

What Thornberry has said here is EXACTLY what Johnson's defenders are saying they want - a debate, without playground insults.

No , thornberry saves her mockery for the white working classes.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Based on one (****ing awful) tweet.

By that rationale Johnson is a confirmed racist.

johnson a confirmed racist ? probably, thornberry holding the white working class in contempt?(based on one tweet) , probably, it just highlights the mindset
of the labour metropolitan elite.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
What's this got to do with teachers? ��

You're the one who introduced the references to education,levels,or lack of it.Must be the pollution levels up there.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
You're the one who introduced the references to education,levels,or lack of it.Must be the pollution levels up there.

You've completely lost it this time. Just rambling nonsense. Pollution levels? My house looks out over the Peak District so that's not really an issue. You do know that Sheffield is the greenest city in the country? Well clearly not...... :)

I mentioned that you could have chosen a more appropriate user name and you went on a rant about teachers. Very strange.

I'm sure it all makes sense to you though and that's what's important. Never mind that nobody else has a clue what you're banging on about. As per.

Regards

LL :kiss:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Thanks for the response, but when I see references to the Daily Mail I give up. I don’t read that rag or the vaunted (on here) Guardian. As for the rest of your post, I didn’t bother. Keep trying to pigeon hole people if that’s what you want.

Stop making up bollocks. Seriously. It is prejudice. Nobody 'vaunts' the Grauniad on here. We (who may have read it) take the piss about its shocking proofing. And its misinformed psychobable about anything scientific. You sound like some old blue rinsy bingo playing fuddy duddy. :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here