Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] People you used to dislike but have warmed to

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Roy Hodgson,pretty much says it as it is,not afraid to call out bad performances from his team and his own mistakes,couldn't stand the bloke during his England spell,seemed to be sanitised by the suits upstairs ,as do most if not all England managers.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Ronaldo. used to think he's a preening knob, now cant look last the sheer talent and leadership.

have to comment on the opener, a surprise as i gathered he's becoming increasinly ridiculed from his own side.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Peter Capaldi (as Dr Who). Very disappointed first time I watched the series, but very pleased when I watched it a second time around. Perhaps my favourite doctor (although Tom Baker, Ecclestone and Smith were all excellent). Rather the opposite of Tennant who I loved first time around but, ooh no, gurning jock ****, second time around. While on the subject, I'll be very glad to see the back of the current gurning Playaway presenter who was disappointing first time around and deeply irritating the second, albeit I like her wingmen/women.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Ronaldo. used to think he's a preening knob, now cant look last the sheer talent and leadership.

have to comment on the opener, a surprise as i gathered he's becoming increasinly ridiculed from his own side.

Agree about Ronnie.

(No idea who Own Jones might be. Snooker player? Leader of the Welsh Nats? Can't be arsed to look him up).

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Cliff Thorburn

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Harry Wilson's Tackle

These guys I worked with on a show, let's call them Mick and Ron. Children's entertainers, who came across as arrogant pricks, late for rehearsals, going through the motions. They put money for the whole night of the after-party behind the bar, gave a lovely speech and one of them talked about personal issues and thanked everyone for their support etc.

Michael Bublé

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
(No idea who Own Jones might be. Snooker player? Leader of the Welsh Nats? Can't be arsed to look him up).

I’m blocked by OJ for pointing out he was wrong on something he’d tweeted about - including backing up what I said with a fact-check :facepalm:

5D52037F-9E8A-49C6-B766-40CFC321ED4E.jpeg

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Colin Murray.

Absolute reverse fixture for me, used to love him when he first appeared on late night TV, his passion and knowledge across many sports, big baseball fan etc, now I have to switch off if he comes on, feeling he’s morphed into just another BBC middle ground dullard.

To paraphrase The Libertines: “Can’t stand him now, I can’t stand him now”. :p

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
RYLAN

My GOD, I want to dislike him. The fake teeth. The tan. Coming from a talent show where he was a sobbing mess...

But every time I hear him on the radio or see him on TV i think.......he seems like a nice guy. Good luck to him.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
RYLAN

My GOD, I want to dislike him. The fake teeth. The tan. Coming from a talent show where he was a sobbing mess...

But every time I hear him on the radio or see him on TV i think.......he seems like a nice guy. Good luck to him.

He's very inoffensive. I think perfect for TV ads. Bet he makes a bucket through Cinch.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here