Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] People who drink black coffee...

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
A place here has banned milk. And laptops, mobile phones and most controversially, with some, children.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2012/oct/12/coffee-bar-owner-row-pushchairs

Me, obviously black. After a fully qualified barista from Australia has spent ages toiling over his Japanese filtering kit to deliver a coffee from some African place I’ve only ever seen mentioned in The Guardian and handed me the card with the tasting notes written on it, I’m not going to ask him to put milk in before I hand him the 9 euros. Very inappropriate.

Last edited:

Brok

🦡
Dec 26, 2011
Most of the civilised world doesnt put milk in coffee. You might as well just drink any instant shit.

Now, I'm no expert, but the only coffee I really like is Morrisons own (about 80p). As far as I'm concerned Nescafe etc. can do one.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Can’t stand milk in coffee.

This is the only correct answer. Black and so strong it’s like rocket fuel :drink: (and yeah I know that’s meant to be a pint but I work with what I have).

Also worth pointing out instant coffee isn’t coffee and should be binned immediately.

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
Didn’t drink coffee till I moved here as was socially ostracised for not doing so. The stuff is strong here though, and when I’m back in the UK I rarely drink it as it tastes like dishwater.

Apparently here know Sweden it’s considered rude to give someone a weak cup of coffee as it’s seen as being cheap, or not thinking the guest is worth the extra spoon. Some take it a bit too far in assuring you’re welcome by essentially serving you rocket fuel

Soylent Blue

Banned
Mar 13, 2019
Me, obviously black. After a fully qualified barista from Australia has spent ages toiling over his Japanese filtering kit to deliver a coffee from some African place I’ve only ever seen mentioned in The Guardian and handed me the card with the tasting notes written on it, I’m not going to ask him to put milk in before I hand him the 9 euros. Very inappropriate.

Are you operating a parody account? Like Pseuds Corner in Private Eye?

Oh been drinking black no sugar in coffee and tea since 18 years old.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Are you operating a parody account? Like Pseuds Corner in Private Eye?

No, I was merely presenting an account of my coffee experience. What’s makes you think I’m a parody account? I put a lot of effort into my vignettes on everyman life so I’m a little disappointed you see it like this.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
I often drink coffee black, no sugar.. particularly first think in the morning .. otherwise I prefer Coffeemate to milk, it's more creamy..... At a coffee shop it is
Americano with a dash of cream or an occasional espresso.
I hold those frothy concoctions in distain.. ie cappuccino, latte , frappucino rubbish..

Left Footer

Sep 26, 2007
Shoreham
I`m a psychopath.
I love black coffee but only Americano, coffee with milk in it just tastes wrong.
And don`t even start me off on sugar, no, no , no.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here