People that everyone likes but you hate

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
...well maybe hate is a bit strong, but these guys get right on my nerves despite seemingly being loved by the rest of the world.

-Ian Holloway (spends too much time trying to show the world what a wacky, crazy guy he is: the footballing David Brent)

-Harry Redknapp- is not a chirpy Cockney wheeler-dealer but a dodgy, Teflon-coated shyster who despite being miraculously on scene every time some shifty financial shenanigans are going down, never, ever seems to get collared for it. Who maintains his reputation as the saviour of clubs, yet always leaves them well and truly in the mire or close to administration. And who blathers on about his squad being down to the bare bones (yeah, like your last 34 fit players, eh Harry) and claims all the credit for a win, but is never to blame for a defeat. Why do the media fall for it?

-on a non-footballing note, Ant & Dec (why are they still making TV shows? What do they DO?)

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Oooh, Harry Hill.

I have absolutely NO IDEA why anyone finds him funny, especially not that TV Burp programme that all the critics adore. It's about as funny as Beadle's About, but a lot cheaper on the ITV budget. I just don't get him at all.

And John Barrowman. Why does his annoying, beaming face feature on so many programmes? Does anyone actually like him or is it just a few BBC executives trying to make up our minds for us?

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
Yeah I'd agree on Michael McIntyre, and also throw in Stevie Gerrard.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
...well maybe hate is a bit strong, but these guys get right on my nerves despite seemingly being loved by the rest of the world.

-Ian Holloway (spends too much time trying to show the world what a wacky, crazy guy he is: the footballing David Brent)

-Harry Redknapp- is not a chirpy Cockney wheeler-dealer but a dodgy, Teflon-coated shyster who despite being miraculously on scene every time some shifty financial shenanigans are going down, never, ever seems to get collared for it. Who maintains his reputation as the saviour of clubs, yet always leaves them well and truly in the mire or close to administration. And who blathers on about his squad being down to the bare bones (yeah, like your last 34 fit players, eh Harry) and claims all the credit for a win, but is never to blame for a defeat. Why do the media fall for it?

-on a non-footballing note, Ant & Dec (why are they still making TV shows? What do they DO?)
Think the bit about Redknapp leaving clubs in financial mess is rubbish.It's the chairmans job to keep the finances in check and not a manager.The blame lies at the feet of a chairman.Not all managers do the negotiations on contracts either.Any manager would be happy to spend an open cheque book.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Beckham. I wish he & his godawful wife would just go & buy up some small country somewhere & piss off there permanently.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
All the presenters of Top Gear.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Jonathan 'Wossy' Ross. Obscenely over-paid, over-rated, unfunny tosser.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I think it may be sacrilege to mention the People's Princess here, but I'm going to do it anyway.

101106diana_narrowweb__300x348,0.jpg

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Barry Fry. Anyone can sound like a cheeky cockney sparra when they're as thick as pigshit and a bit of bellend.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports