Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] PEOPLE FAKING DISABILITY/INJURY ON TRAIN RAMP

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
FFS What is up with people pulling this trick just to get ahead in the train queue?

3 selfish pricks today with one actually limply holding on to a mates arm for a few seconds as if to feign some form of disability. However, when called out by a few irate fans standing patiently they simply laughed and just breezed by the steward who did nothing to question why they were taking the ' 'fast track lane'. I asked the steward why he didn't question the 3 obvious piss takers? His response was " well it's up to them" which was pretty lame and surprising since he was a solidly built black chap who looked like he could handle himself and would not shirk from a challenge.

Despite seeing this incident we then immediately have another bloke and his wife and a young child strolling down the fast lane ( Stuart Adams I'm looking at you! ). Fortunately, quite a few fans in the queue made their feelings known and he curtailed his queue jump.

We all know getting away on the trains is a ball ache and even more so after a defeat and it's tipping down. However, suck it up and don't disrespect your fellow fans and more specifically those fans with a genuine health issue.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
FFS What is up with people pulling this trick just to get ahead in the train queue?

3 selfish pricks today with one actually limply holding on to a mates arm for a few seconds as if to feign some form of disability. However, when called out by a few irate fans standing patiently they simply laughed and just breezed by the steward who did nothing to question why they were taking the ' 'fast track lane'. I asked the steward why he didn't question the 3 obvious piss takers? His response was " well it's up to them" which was pretty lame and surprising since he was a solidly built black chap who looked like he could handle himself and would not shirk from a challenge.

This is an absolute disgrace. Can't believe this black steward is allowed to keep his job. I'll be writing to Southern Rail and the club immediately.

Yes, some fans are wankers, but why the **** does it matter what race the steward was?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Don't be facetious. You know the point I was making.
Of course I know the point you were making, but you shouldn't be saying "solidly built black chap", you should just say "solidly built chap". Adding "black" in there implies that part of the reason that the steward can handle himself is because he's black, and 'we all know those black fellas like a good scrap, right?' No.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Of course I know the point you were making, but you shouldn't be saying "solidly built black chap", you should just say "solidly built chap". Adding "black" in there implies that part of the reason that the steward can handle himself is because he's black, and 'we all know those black fellas like a good scrap, right?' No.
That's your wildly inaccurate assumption. I mentioned his colour as other people in the queue today might have remembered him along with the characteristic that he was a big bloke. You're joining the dots up and no doubt you were outraged with Fiona Bruce's appalling racism on Question Time this week.

Feel free to comment on the core issue of my post but don't take it somewhere else please

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Why? It's an adjective. It's factually accurate. It's no more derogatory than calling him 'solidly built' - unless, of course, you think that being black is somehow inferior so being described as black is derogatory?

He's a black bloke - I don't suppose for a second he's ashamed about it. Why should he be? And why do you think he needs you to be offended on hs behalf?

Last edited:

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
IMG_1069.jpeg

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
That's your wildly inaccurate assumption. I mentioned his colour as other people in the queue today might have remembered him along with the characteristic that he was a big bloke.

No, the point you made was that people were selfishly pretending to be injured in order to queue jump, and you added that the was a big steward who could have called them out. Although it's not important that others also witnessed the steward (I'm sure we're happy to take your word that he was solidly built), if they did, they don't need you telling us what colour he was. If you honestly weren't intending to use his race as a stereotype then you've been very clumsy with your wording and that's on you, not me taking it 'somewhere else'.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I’m sure MM did not mean that at all. You just grabbed an opportunity to sound holier than thou.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
No, the point you made was that people were selfishly pretending to be injured in order to queue jump, and you added that the was a big steward who could have called them out. Although it's not important that others also witnessed the steward (I'm sure we're happy to take your word that he was solidly built), if they did, they don't need you telling us what colour he was. If you honestly weren't intending to use his race as a stereotype then you've been very clumsy with your wording and that's on you, not me taking it 'somewhere else'.
So that's nailed on that you were one of those on social media complaining about Fiona Bruce?

And congratulations for derailing the issue away from a topic that I'm sure other fans find bloody annoying. I also note other people commenting don't agree with your dissection of my language.

Comrade Sam

Comrade Sam
Jan 31, 2013
Walthamstow
And another thing, why is there always dozens of empty disabled spaces in car parks, whilst us able bodied have to walk further to the shop. I've watched the para Olympics and these buggers can run faster, jump higher, cycle quicker and swim better than me! It's political correctness gone mad - I just wish Suella Braverman could start on this section of society asap.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
I don't get to go to games anymore because I have cystic fibrosis and I really need to be near a toilet.

I'm really old for people with my condition (52)

If you saw me you wouldn't think there was anything wrong with me.

I'm 6ft tall 13 stone, look in OK nick.

sometimes shit myself when I walk up stairs.

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
And another thing, why is there always dozens of empty disabled spaces in car parks, whilst us able bodied have to walk further to the shop. I've watched the para Olympics and these buggers can run faster, jump higher, cycle quicker and swim better than me! It's political correctness gone mad - I just wish Suella Braverman could start on this section of society asap.
That’s an unfunny retort to a very valid issue being raised. I’ve been in that queue and have seen people very obviously taking the piss in that lane. Rather than address this abuse, you prefer to undermine those trying to call it out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here