Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Penalty Save

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I am not denegrading Stockdales save in any way. A keeper guesses where he will place it as Caddid like most doesnt always hit it to the same spot. In fact seeing him line up I said where he was going to out put it and like DS guessed correctly. Had he hit it harder it would have beaten DS so it was a poor penalty not hit crisp enough. Had he scored they pròbably would have gone on to win. The crucial thing for DS was the time that he made the save and probably won us the 3 points. Well done to him for the save but Rowlett wont be saying it was a well struck penalty
He struck that penalty hard and true, for all your hollow protestation you're exposing yourself further as anti-Stockdale, well hit penalty, great save. Deal with it.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I am not denegrading Stockdales save in any way. A keeper guesses where he will place it as Caddid like most doesnt always hit it to the same spot. In fact seeing him line up I said where he was going to out put it and like DS guessed correctly. Had he hit it harder it would have beaten DS so it was a poor penalty not hit crisp enough. Had he scored they pròbably would have gone on to win. The crucial thing for DS was the time that he made the save and probably won us the 3 points. Well done to him for the save but Rowlett wont be saying it was a well struck penalty

You missed the point. Stockdale tricked him into shooting where Caddis did not want to put the ball.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton

Clueless. Utterly, utterly clueless

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
I can't believe anyone is arguing against the save. Stockdale did something which Kuszczak never managed in two years (and many penalties) with us. Not that that makes him a better keeper, but something he should be rightly applauded for.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Massive save, as was the one on one save not long before.

[tweet]569162097977909248[/tweet]

Were loads of people in the concourses during the penalty? I thought the ground looked quite full yesterday but there appear to be swathes of empty seats in that clip.

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
To be brutally honest the penalty wasn't the best, not placed well or hit with much power. Still good goalkeeping and a strong hand from Stockdale, Kuszczak never looked like saving one.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
To be brutally honest the penalty wasn't the best, not placed well or hit with much power. Still good goalkeeping and a strong hand from Stockdale, Kuszczak never looked like saving one.

If Stockdale had dived the other way that would have looked like a perfectly placed and hit penalty. It's testament to the quality of the save that Stocko made it look rubbish.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Where where you sat? I was behind the goal & he lamped it. Very strong hand from Stockdale - & not for the first time

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
If Stockdale had dived the other way that would have looked like a perfectly placed and hit penalty. It's testament to the quality of the save that Stocko made it look rubbish.

Disagree, obviously penalties are a lottery and keepers will go the right way/wrong way a certain amount of the time. However, if the keeper goes the right way the next question is, is the penalty savable? And you would have to say yes yesterday, not placed well into one of the corners and not hit powerfully enough, he would have been better off smashing it down the middle. As I say though, good strong hand from Stockdale to tip it away from the dangerzone, and he had a good game yesterday.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Where where you sat? I was behind the goal & he lamped it. Very strong hand from Stockdale - & not for the first time
Very much this. I was right behind the goal. In fact i thought Caddis was going to go the other way. Watch how he shapes up in his run up. Nothing wrong with the power of the shot. If it had gone into the corner then Stockdale wouldn't have saved it due to the power.

Pen 7/10

Save 9/10

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If you watch Bent against Sheff Wed the keeper went the correct way but the power of the penalty beat him. Had Caddis hit it harder DS would never have got down quick enough, so a poorly hit penalty but none the less a good important save.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Disagree, obviously penalties are a lottery and keepers will go the right way/wrong way a certain amount of the time. However, if the keeper goes the right way the next question is, is the penalty savable? And you would have to say yes yesterday, not placed well into one of the corners and not hit powerfully enough, he would have been better off smashing it down the middle. As I say though, good strong hand from Stockdale to tip it away from the dangerzone, and he had a good game yesterday.

Stop talking sense that is not permitted on here.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Unfortunately that sums up 90% of the posters on here very few of us see it as it is.
I think you're the only one that ever sees it as it is. Bear with us though BG, and if you can stay the course and show us the light, one day we will understand.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Stop the Trains: it's a shoot out!

People leaving early (HT & FT) missed the highlights of the last two matches.

Best penalty save I've seen by an Albion keeper. 11/10 for the save, beyond the call of duty. Nothing much luck about the save really.

I don't go with penalties being a lottery. A test of nerve and ability. With a bit of research, deception, psychology, and a really good way to end a deadlocked Cup game.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think you're the only one that ever sees it as it is. Bear with us though BG, and if you can stay the course and show us the light, one day we will understand.

A chap used to sit near me at Withdean and asked where I was going to sit at The Amex as he wanted to sit next to me and to quote him " you are one of the very few Brightons fans who sees the game as it is not with Blue and White glasses" I dont know if that is true but I do consider that I am fairly accurate in my appraisal, but then I would.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here