Votes: 21 7.2%
  • Dive

Votes: 272 92.8%

• Total voters

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Clear dive, bloody Hell.

From that little clip it also looks as if Xhaka's left foot gets the ball. Did it, or is this an optical illusion?

Whatever...blatant cheating. Did any of the TV pundits call him out for it?

Optical illusion I think. But agree with Sheebo about the spring Zaha puts into it, the only contact was after his little kangaroo leap. 4.15 on the bottom set of highlights here shows it a number of times https://www.ngolos.com/videos/2018-10-28-crystalpalace-arsenal

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
About time the defenders started coming out in post match interviews demanding to be given more protection against these cheats

And he wonders why players like to go through him

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
I'd like to see it from better angles.

In the meantime... dive.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Come the end of the season it will be interesting to see if Arsenal miss out on a Champions League spot because of the 2 points Zaha cheated out of them.

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath
He really needs sorting out - the worst cheat in the league but gets away with it week in week out.

Has anybody got any stats as to how many penalties Palace get compared to everybody else in a season?

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
See post 21

Ah, thanks.

I can see why the ref gave it. Xhaka was really naive, sticking his leg out like that - Zaha didn't even have to make a meal of it. Still not a penalty for me, but not the worst dive I've seen.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

Needs to improve the rolling over and over on the ground after the main event.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
He's a bit of a twit ...if he'd learnt anything he would have made contact with the defenders knee and then gone over ...ref probably would have given a penalty...but because only knows diving he's made a right Tom Daley of it and left himself open to cheating (as per normal)

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
He really needs sorting out - the worst cheat in the league but gets away with it week in week out.

Has anybody got any stats as to how many penalties Palace get compared to everybody else in a season?

“Since Aug 2004 Palace have been awarded two more PL penalties than West Ham and four more than Newcastle despite playing 228 games fewer than both sides.”

https://twitter.com/oilysailor/status/1056566158072123392

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Palace have very little tactics or quality to score goals other than getting penalties.

To be fair, whilst that is a dive, Zaha is the best in the business at tricking the ref. He steps his right leg into a very strange position just before the bunny hop into a dive that gives the appearance he has been swiped when he’s not been touched. Every time he is in the area, his game is all about trying to get a touch and diving - pathetic really. Love him or hate him, he is the best at getting penalties in the Premier League.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
Was originally inclined to say 'both' as I thought he'd been fouled but made a lot of it. Having reviewed again I am far more inclined to say dive. So I did.
Palace deserved a draw, they played pretty well. But it was still a dive.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here