Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Peloton Style Bikes

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
I got The Peloton bike for the wife as gyms are shut so paying for itself atm. I ride a fair bit and thought it would be rubbish, but used it when I couldn’t get out due to bad weather. Bloody love it, and meant I could still do some form of exercise. Expensive, but got feck all to spend my money on.

DaveTurner

Jul 17, 2011
https://www.ifit.com/. Has worked for me over lockdown, American based but huge library of workouts covering everything. Subscription is $15 a month and cancel anytime. I got lucky and picked a bike up on eBay for £60. The site tells which bikes/machines are compatible, if you can find one it really is worth looking at.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Here is a screenshot from my Zwift to give you an idea of what you see on your screen whilst riding
9c0e5a9398700573d3a13323c52e25fc.jpg

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

That's great thanks.

Can you "ghost" race yourself? I.e. I do a 10km ride and then when I next try it I can see how far ahead / behind I am?

Thanks for all the input guys, I really appreciate it.

zeemeeuw

Apr 8, 2006
Somerset
That's great thanks.

Can you "ghost" race yourself? I.e. I do a 10km ride and then when I next try it I can see how far ahead / behind I am?

Not at the moment but it's a much requested feature on the Zwift Forums ... I think it will come.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Well, after buying and returning a static bike I plumped for peloton, it's absolutely brilliant! Great classes, features, rides and wizardry ..... a superb product.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
That's great thanks.

Not yet but you can......
Go through red lights
Go flying over zebra crossings
Nip across a busy pavement at 30 mph
Ride at 10mph on a windy country lane in the middle of the road
Ride up ditchling beacon at 2mph 3 a breast

I’m bored so I thought I’d poke the bear......

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
How was the delivery and set up and where have you sited the bike, what sort of floor is it set up on?

We're lucky to have a small gym at home and have it on the Peloton mat and what is a normal (?) suspended floor. It has been really good, great service when set up and really good customer service when I spoke to them about something I couldn't get to work which was my error.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
How was the delivery and set up and where have you sited the bike, what sort of floor is it set up on?

Mines on the first floor in what used to be a small bedroom. Doesn’t take up much space and no impact on ceiling. Delivery was excellent, on time and very helpful. I’ve also now added a treed and a bench so pretty full now, almost no space for my EU flag :lolol:

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
We're lucky to have a small gym at home and have it on the Peloton mat and what is a normal (?) suspended floor. It has been really good, great service when set up and really good customer service when I spoke to them about something I couldn't get to work which was my error.

It sound fantastic, thinking about getting one, I’m a bit worried about it being a little unstable on carpet [emoji106]

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
It sound fantastic, thinking about getting one, I’m a bit worried about it being a little unstable on carpet [emoji106]

Got mine set up in my bedroom (room in the roof) on carpet. I’ve also got it on a bike mat and it’s absolutely fine. Very quiet too.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

It's a solid unit and once set will be absolutely fine. Let me know your username when you're set up and I'll follow you, if you wish? I'm a real beginner but love it FIVE rides in!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here