Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Peep Show

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
may be based in croydon but superhans has to be the most brighton character ever portrayed on screen since pinkie. if i had a quid for every person i know in brighton like him i would be well in.

why matt king isnt a national treasure yet i will never know.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
may be based in croydon but superhans has to be the most brighton character ever portrayed on screen since pinkie. if i had a quid for every person i know in brighton like him i would be well in.

Bit of Peep Show trivia. The role of Super Hans was very nearly taken by Russell Brand.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Bit of Peep Show trivia. The role of Super Hans was very nearly taken by Russell Brand.

funny isnt it when you hear who was up for roles in sitcoms, and what would have been.

russell brand is far too flaky for superhans, who is steely and driven, despite his weaknesses. you cannot see russell brand tenaciously selling toilets or renting vans to clear out JLB.

i knoow its only acting, and hindsight, but its worked out for the best.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014

What a blessing in disguise that he didn't get the role. His mere existence is a pain in my behind.

On a more positive note, I really enjoyed the episode.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
What a blessing in disguise that he didn't get the role. His mere existence is a pain in my behind.

On a more positive note, I really enjoyed the episode.

A world where Brand is Superhans is not one I want to live in. The character would have been completely different, the Matt King version of the character just wouldn't work with Brand, I pity the people living in the alternative reality where that actually happened.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
funny isnt it when you hear who was up for roles in sitcoms, and what would have been.

russell brand is far too flaky for superhans, who is steely and driven, despite his weaknesses. you cannot see russell brand tenaciously selling toilets or renting vans to clear out JLB.

i knoow its only acting, and hindsight, but its worked out for the best.

That's an excellent analysis of Super Hans. Reminds me of when he came off the crack and got in to jogging and knitting.

I think everyone's being a bit hard on Brand though. Think he would have created a pretty good Super Hans persona.

That said there can never be zwei Hans.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Super, super, super Hans, or Matt King, was the gay, boxing promoter in the film BRONSON. I may have to watch it again.
My wife loves him. I am so lucky she goes for that craggy, druggy, alky look.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
That's an excellent analysis of Super Hans. Reminds me of when he came off the crack and got in to jogging and knitting.

I think everyone's being a bit hard on Brand though. Think he would have created a pretty good Super Hans persona.

That said there can never be zwei Hans.

"knitting like an electric Nan" has to be one of the most under rated lines ever.

haha i love the bits of german and his alluded to links with the country. one of the best bits of the show. super hans is a great character, compared to the 2d fecklessness/uptight conformity of jez/mark.

has loads of weak points but is still the best comedy on british telly in the last decade.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton

I'm sure the original title sequence was filmed in Crouch End, at least it looked like it to me.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control

Between Hove seafront and the North Laine, I usually see him at least once a week. Most recently in the waiting room at Hove station yesterday. It must be a bit of a nightmare being him, he is so unmistakable. Not quite as bad as being Craig David post-Bo Selecta, but getting that way. He must receive 100 of the same jokes each day, unless there's a real mass of politeness around him, which most humans I wouldn't imagine have the reserve for. Hope he's been paid enough to set up forever.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Second as good as the first in my opinion.

i had low hopes for this series, but looks like they are pulling it out of the bag. its easy to damn a show after this length, but that was very funny indeed. really hope that they top and tail this well, it looks like it will happen.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
"knitting like an electric Nan" has to be one of the most under rated lines ever.

haha i love the bits of german and his alluded to links with the country. one of the best bits of the show. super hans is a great character, compared to the 2d fecklessness/uptight conformity of jez/mark.

has loads of weak points but is still the best comedy on british telly in the last decade.

Yeah Super Hans is definitely super. One of my favourite things about him is the little nicknames he gives Mark, The Iron Duke, Professor Yaffle

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Superb stuff so far.

Wednesday is quality tellybox viewing at the moment, the best of the week (until The Bridge starts on Saturday)

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Thought week one was better IMO. Had it's moments last night though.....

"Go back to live tweeting your headache" :lolol:

Agreed, week one was superb, last night merely very good. Still better than 99% of what we have to endure though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here