Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Peel

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
He was also a huge champion of a lot of the late 80s British thrash/hardcore/grind bands like Napalm Death, Extreme Noise Terror and The Stupids. RIP

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Back in the old days, ive you loved reggae, one of the few times you would hear it on the radio was via J Peels show, as London radio never made it across the downs. Was always grateful.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
He was also a huge champion of a lot of the late 80s British thrash/hardcore/grind bands like Napalm Death, Extreme Noise Terror and The Stupids. RIP

Introduced me to Japanese thrash metal band Melt Banana and it was at one of their concerts that I met him. Such a nice bloke. I have hundreds of his shows on cassette tape all labeled with dates. He did a few requests for my kids when they were very little which I had to play to them the next day as by ten o clock they were fast asleep.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Spent an afternoon with him as a student to get an interview. Was going to do it at the BBC but was invited round to his house instead.

Saw the famous record collection much of which he hadn't listened to. The place was stuffed with tapes sent in he never got round to listen to as well.

He was obsessed with music and listening to undiscovered things. Unfortunately he was always being sent music and it hugely frustrated he didn't have enough hours in his life to listen to it.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Thank you so much for pointing that out, I wouldn't have known about it. Secured a ticket an came away very happy. (Bet its hot in there in summer!)

It is hot but I would rather that than the damp smell from all the rain yesterday. One of my favourite music venues. Glad you enjoyed it and got to go along.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Going a little further back, Principal Edwards' Magic Theatre, The Third Ear Band, Tyranasaurus Rex (pre-abbreviation) and David Bowie (when he was a mime artist who also sang).......

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Any good?

Great thanks. Played for about an hour and a quarter. Good mix of new and well known songs. It was the older songs that went down best and the highlight for most was main set closers Jacobs Ladder and Eine Symphonie Des Grauens. Spent the rest of the evening in The Albert. A good night.

Great thanks. Played for about an hour and a quarter. Good mix of new and well known songs. It was the older songs that went down best and the highlight for most was main set closers Jacobs Ladder and Eine Symphonie Des Grauens. Spent the rest of the evening in The Albert. A good night.

Ici les enfants always seems to give me the horrors, that didn't change last night!

wadhurstseagull

Jul 26, 2003
Blue Aeroplanes are still going; a great live band. They also own The Fleece in Bristol (a great live music venue) and book the bands, as well as playing there themselves a couple of times a year - going to see them there next month, as it happens.

I have my ticket for London. An event not to be missed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here