Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Peaky Blinders

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Why hasn’t this thread been bounced yet?

Solid start to season 6.

A sober Tommy, quoting William Blake.

A translation of the Romany words spoken by Tommy’s daughter ( who’s name escapes me) is

“A small child with a Devils heart”

First two series were great, fun to watch and dealing with some rare historical stuff the Beeb usually hates to touch, bravo. Then series 3-4 started to get very sketchy on the credibility front but still fun to watch. Since then, it's been a bit laboured and going through the motions. But I'll finish it as I've invested so much time in it, although obviously with the film we won't get any closure alas tonight, it's a cash cow for the production company and won't be given a dignified burial, gypsy or otherwise

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
First two series were great, fun to watch and dealing with some rare historical stuff the Beeb usually hates to touch, bravo. Then series 3-4 started to get very sketchy on the credibility front but still fun to watch. Since then, it's been a bit laboured and going through the motions. But I'll finish it as I've invested so much time in it, although obviously with the film we won't get any closure alas tonight, it's a cash cow for the production company and won't be given a dignified burial, gypsy or otherwise
Indeed was a very clever programme but became a cash cow. Its also gone rather over the top ( excuse WW1pun ) over the Moseley Black Shirt stuff and the nutty American Nelson ( Always handy to have an American character for US sales ). Last weeks scene round the dinner table where almost everyone had shagged everyone else at one point or other some time was seriously weird ....Poor old Arthur is a shadow of his former self and they are rapidly running out of World Class Shelby's to carry the family business.... Curly and Jonny Dogs are about all that's left.

Its a bit like Killing Eve, find something good, different or breakthrough and milk it to death for global sales....

Indeed was a very clever programme but became a cash cow. Its also gone rather over the top ( excuse WW1pun ) over the Moseley Black Shirt stuff and the nutty American Nelson ( Always handy to have an American character for US sales ). Last weeks scene round the dinner table where almost everyone had shagged everyone else at one point or other some time was seriously weird ....Poor old Arthur is a shadow of his former self and they are rapidly running out of World Class Shelby's to carry the family business.... Curly and Jonny Dogs are about all that's left.

Its a bit like Killing Eve, find something good, different or breakthrough and milk it to death for global sales....

Yeh. I assume Nelson is meant to be Joe Kennedy but even they baulked at using his real name, so we have a total mish-mash of totally made up characters like Tommy, real figures like Mosely and real figures they had to rename like Nelson otherwise some yanks might have got uppity about it

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Yeh. I assume Nelson is meant to be Joe Kennedy but even they baulked at using his real name, so we have a total mish-mash of totally made up characters like Tommy, real figures like Mosely and real figures they had to rename like Nelson otherwise some yanks might have got uppity about it
Yes, Nelson was meant to be Joe Kennedy and he certainly wasn't a Nazi in real life..so things all got a bit mixed up. Just seen the ending , reasonably all ties up fairly neatley...could have done with Nelson, Gina and Mitford meeting stickies though.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Pretty much binged-watched from S1 over the last 2-3 weeks, happily coinciding with the end tonight. Decent entertainment, although thought the earlier series were better and less contrived. In any event, better than Strictly or whatever other shite Mrs D would have been watching in the other room :laugh::laugh:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here