Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

PC World. Hove.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Slightly OT I was going to give my granddaughter my oldest laptop and go to PC World to buy a refurbished one for my use but cannot find any on line so was going to the store to look. They always did refurbished ones with a 1 year guarantee in thee past.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Slightly OT I was going to give my granddaughter my oldest laptop and go to PC World to buy a refurbished one for my use but cannot find any on line so was going to the store to look. They always did refurbished ones with a 1 year guarantee in thee past.

I didn't realise that BG, if that is the case I may well go to their Horsham outlet to have a look.

albiongirl

Jul 10, 2003
mileoak
It is being refurbished and extended then then the store will reopen and Currys will move in as well!

LadySeagull

Jan 21, 2011
Portslade
It is being refurbished and extended then then the store will reopen and Currys will move in as well!

This is the plan, I understand. But in the meantime this will cause mayhem. It's a licence to print money for some scum companies, if you park in the wrong place.

With my 'parking advice' hat on, if anyone wants to know the score, if not, don't read it:

- don't park out of a bay at Currys, even if the staff say it's OK, it's not because you'll get a PCN if Excel send an employee round (and they are bound to be camped out there now they know about this lucrative chance to rip-off more people). Nor drive round or wait for so long that your total 'stay' exceeds the 2 hours on the sign (it's not just parked time). You could cover your back numberplate when leaving to dodge the scumbags' cameras - EXCEL. NASTY FIRM. WILL VERY LIKELY SUE YOU.

- NEVER park at Furniture Village and walk off-site - in fact, good advice for car drivers is to boycott the place even if wanting furniture because the company look for any excuse to issue a PCN, not always truthful. UKCPS, EVEN NASTIER FIRM. WILL SUE YOU.

- don't park in Homebase and walk offsite or you'll get a private PCN there too. G24 there I think, a weak firm, easy to ignore in the past but now have more potential to be nasty as they now share a dodgy Trade body with Excel and UKCPS.

There is no appeal worth trying with those firms, no POPLA available as they share a dodgyTrade Body and the only 'out' is usually by complaint to the retailer Store Managers or Head Office, demanding they call their dogs off.

You would pay far, far less even if you parked on a double yellow and got a Council PCN, not that I am encouraging it.

Better off parking on street or down the bottom of St Joseph's Close at those units where the Red Cross is, if there are no restrictions (check), but it will annoy them.

Or go online instead.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
This is the plan, I understand. But in the meantime this will cause mayhem. It's a licence to print money for some scum companies, if you park in the wrong place.

With my 'parking advice' hat on, if anyone wants to know the score, if not, don't read it:

- don't park out of a bay at Currys, even if the staff say it's OK, it's not because you'll get a PCN if Excel send an employee round (and they are bound to be camped out there now they know about this lucrative chance to rip-off more people). Nor drive round or wait for so long that your total 'stay' exceeds the 2 hours on the sign (it's not just parked time). You could cover your back numberplate when leaving to dodge the scumbags' cameras - EXCEL. NASTY FIRM. WILL VERY LIKELY SUE YOU.

- NEVER park at Furniture Village and walk off-site - in fact, good advice for car drivers is to boycott the place even if wanting furniture because the company look for any excuse to issue a PCN, not always truthful. UKCPS, EVEN NASTIER FIRM. WILL SUE YOU.

- don't park in Homebase and walk offsite or you'll get a private PCN there too. G24 there I think, a weak firm, easy to ignore in the past but now have more potential to be nasty as they now share a dodgy Trade body with Excel and UKCPS.

There is no appeal worth trying with those firms, no POPLA available as they share a dodgyTrade Body and the only 'out' is usually by complaint to the retailer Store Managers or Head Office, demanding they call their dogs off.

You would pay far, far less even if you parked on a double yellow and got a Council PCN, not that I am encouraging it.

Better off parking on street or down the bottom of St Joseph's Close at those units where the Red Cross is, if there are no restrictions (check), but it will annoy them.

Or go online instead.

Nice to see you back have missed your intellegent and interesting posts re scam parking.companies.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Total rip off £80 for a cable that costs 99p on ebay

drop dead fred

Mar 8, 2011
Went there over Xmas
To browse the 4k screens that had all been moved to currys
Was told in store that it would not reopen as a currys PC megastore until September 2016

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Just checked their website. Their price for HP 364 (4 colours) is £24.58, same as I paid today in Staples. Ryman and Clarks (Bond Street) charge over £35.

I was paying £19.99 at PC World Hove. That is why I was p****d off when they were closed down (temporarily) today.

Not sure if I checked the correct ink but justinkandpaper.co.uk are showing HP 364 Black and Colour £19.99 delivered.with some photo paper included.

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton
Closed.

Sorry if fixtures.

Went this morning to buy some ink and car park empty, with a security guard at the door.

Notices saying visit our "Exciting New Sore at 184-186 Old Shoreham Road".

Drove there and it was Currys. Mayhem, the car park is far to small and cars just driving around in circles trying to find parking.

Need to see if I can find somewhere else to buy my HP cartridges as cheap.

Would be cheaper to use the service that HP offer for ink subscription, as soon as my cartridge is low, the new one is already in the post.

Ruffy

Jun 24, 2014

It depends how many have been returned. The 'refurbished' ones are ones that have been sold and brought back within the cooling off period, or that have been faulty in that time. (I used to work there). 'Refurbished' = Brand new but as the box has been opened it can't be sold as new.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Is ink the most expensive liquid on the planet ? I once read it was about 3 thousand pound a gallon.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
- don't park in Homebase and walk offsite or you'll get a private PCN there too.]

Interesting this one. You are absolutely correct to warn of the issue of parking in Homebase and walking away, but I do believe there to be an anomoly on this site. The car park is shared by Homebase and Carpet Right and has been since its construction around 25 years ago, In the last 2/3 years it has been subject to parking restrictions enforced by a third party on behalf of the aforementioned retailers. The enforcement company have placed signs all around the site warning of penalties if you park for longer than the specified period, which I think is two hours but maybe slightly longer. All standard practice so far.

But......the car park is quite odd as it is strangely shaped. The majority is on the east side of the store with the remainder to the south of Carpet Right. The parking on the east side is rectangular with a small offshoot to the north east which buts up to Leighton Road above the housing. This small square area is separated from the main car park by a brick surround which is planted with vegetation, it is also raised up from the main car park and is accessed via a small tarmac road from the main car park. It seems most odd that this was built to appear, and act as a separate area.

As I recall, one of the planning restrictions when building these stores concerned provision of parking for local residents. The go ahead was only given on the proviso that there would be PUBLIC parking spaces to compensate for the loss of other spaces lost during the development, and this is why the small, square car park is separate from the main area. I am reasonably confident that this is the case as I see no reason for the developers to incurr extra costs by building it in the way it has been done if they were not forced into it.

The parking enforcement company have also put their signs up in this area which I believe MAY be legally unenforceable. There is always the possibility that the public use had a time limit of say 20/25 years which would have now expired so please check before use. I am intrigued now, I may have to check this out further.......

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here