Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

P'boro tomorrow - Poyet's D-Day?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Sorry I disagree it was based on the first 14 games being on the same points that 1 or more tomorrow makes this season better. The opponents were disregarded and it was just treated as 1 game.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Good to see some sensible posters backing Gus on here. We do have some spineless moaners on this forum.

Mind you, I don't know if some of these people actually go to games.

We nearly got a point at Leicester. As already pointed out, we drew when playing badly at Blackpool and we lost to an in-form Middlesborough.

We have a good squad. Have some faith.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Doncaster/Sheff Wed - home win - home win 0
Hull away draw - loss -1
Cardiff draw - draw -1
Barnsley - home win - home win -1
Burnley - away loss - away win +2
Watford - away loss - away win +5
Millwall- away draw - away win +7
Birmingham - home win - home loss +4
Ipswich - home win - draw +2
Boro - home draw - home loss +1
Leics - away loss - away loss +1
Blackpool - away loss - away draw +2
Leeds - home draw - home draw +2

Now argue with that, Bens Grandad!

Just to clarify the points are a running total which is why it is the equivalent games not just the first 15 games.

Last edited:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
This is the problem. We will win tomorrow night, the Poyet fan club will dig this up and claim that having beaten one of the worst teams in the league, at home, that he is indeed a saint and we don't know what we're talking about. Then we lose at Wolves and Hudd and we're back to square one. A loss tomorrow night, as much as I'd hate it, may make our issues glaringly obvious to even those with the super-thick Gus-tinted glasses.

"Poyet fan club"? If that means supporting our manager and his methods, then I'm a fully paid-up member of the club. Doesn't mean I think he's a saint - I love the way some things on here should be black or white!

Yes Gus will make mistakes - this is his first job as a No 1, and he is overseeing a period at the club where more people than ever are expecting success. So he gets a lot of money to invest and gets the odd dud - big deal. When he secures the like of Kusazck, Bruno, and Vicente, I'll let him off.

Stability in the management team stands for a lot, in my opinion, especially given we are on a steep learning curve, and battling against teams with Premier League experience.

Talk of him leaving if we draw tomorrow night are over the top, IMO.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
FFS we've lost 4 matches - all 1-0 - to decent sides in Leicester, Hull, Boro and Birmingham. Leeds are the only side to have scored 2 against us in the league. Although we're still 10th - so haven't moved from the end of last season - our squad is clearly deeper, and had a couple of those penalties been scored instead of missed we'd be in the play-off places.

I truly hope we win tomorrow because if we don't NSC will be a binfest-wasteland-pussy-bedwetter's-heaven for the rest of the week.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
FFS we've lost 4 matches - all 1-0 - to decent sides in Leicester, Hull, Boro and Birmingham. Leeds are the only side to have scored 2 against us in the league. Although we're still 10th - so haven't moved from the end of last season - our squad is clearly deeper, and had a couple of those penalties been scored instead of missed we'd be in the play-off places.

I truly hope we win tomorrow because if we don't NSC will be a binfest-wasteland-pussy-bedwetter's-heaven for the rest of the week.

Your last sentence is why a lot of regular Nsc posters just can't be bothered with it at the moment. The miseries have taken over with their unrealistic expectations and over the top reactions.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Sorry I give up you cannot convince those that cant see the trees from the wood. Last season played 14 games points 20 this season played 14 games points 20 last season played 15 games points 20 this season played 15 games points possibly 20, or 21 or even 23. making it a better start.

It's nothing to do with a start but comparing like for like opponents. Last season we got nothing at Blackpool or Watford and this season we've picked up points at those grounds. On the contrary, it is identifying the trees in the wood.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Doncaster/Sheff Wed - home win - home win 0
Hull away draw - loss -1
Cardiff draw - draw -1
Barnsley - home win - home win -1
Burnley - away loss - away win +2
Watford - away loss - away win +5
Millwall- away draw - away win +7
Birmingham - home win - home loss +4
Ipswich - home win - draw +2
Boro - home draw - home loss +1
Leics - away loss - away loss +1
Blackpool - away loss - away draw +2
Leeds - home draw - home draw +2

Now argue with that, Bens Grandad!
Just to clarify the points are a running total which is why it is the equivalent games not just the first 15 games.

Sorry I give up you cannot convince those that cant see the trees from the wood. Last season played 14 games points 20 this season played 14 games points 20 last season played 15 games points 20 this season played 15 games points possibly 20, or 21 or even 23. making it a better start. I am not prepared to continue this as I know the answer and you cant see it.

The Modfather

Dec 13, 2009
Ibiza to the Norfolk Broads
What a bunch of BEDWETTERS there are on this thread.

Shock horror, 4 draws and 3 defeats in the last 7 games and people are ready to write Gus's obituary if we DARE to do anything but smash the granny our of Peterborough 3 or 4 to nil. I honestly cannot believe the SHITE on here sometimes.

Actually I can, I've been here long enough. Win, lose or draw, overreaction is the order of the day. We've had a slump in form and performances, its happened before and it will happen again. The WORST thing we could have done this season is hit top spot (again), as there's only one direction to go from there, then everyone starts running around panicking.

Christ up a stick, have a bit of perspective. We have no right to be rolling teams over week-in, week-out. Its still a work in progress. We had our best finishing position in over 20 years last season - now all of a sudden we're one of the big boys in this league are we ? Get real. Anyone DEMANDING nothing less than top 6 this season needs to set their sights to "Realism", and accept there are some bigger, better funded clubs in a very tough, competative league. And we ARE competing, but we are certainly not one of the frontrunners yet. Its going to take longer than a season and a bit.

The impatience is quite ridiculous.

Great post Easy 10

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Sorry I give up you cannot convince those that cant see the trees from the wood. Last season played 14 games points 20 this season played 14 games points 20 last season played 15 games points 20 this season played 15 games points possibly 20, or 21 or even 23. making it a better start. I am not prepared to continue this as I know the answer and you cant see it.

There's no fool like an old fool. Acker79 said we are two points better off overall. I've just shown you how that has been calculated but it doesn't suit your agenda, so you don't want to believe it.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It's nothing to do with a start but comparing like for like opponents. Last season we got nothing at Blackpool or Watford and this season we've picked up points at those grounds. On the contrary, it is identifying the trees in the wood.

Finally that is exactly what I said the calculation was based on the first 15 games irrespective of opponents and you said it wasn't so lets end it at that.

Eggman

Jul 8, 2003
West Sussex

Shock horror, 4 draws and 3 defeats in the last 7 games and people are ready to write Gus's obituary if we DARE to do anything but smash the granny our of Peterborough 3 or 4 to nil. I honestly cannot believe the SHITE on here sometimes.

Actually I can, I've been here long enough. Win, lose or draw, overreaction is the order of the day. We've had a slump in form and performances, its happened before and it will happen again. The WORST thing we could have done this season is hit top spot (again), as there's only one direction to go from there, then everyone starts running around panicking.

Christ up a stick, have a bit of perspective. We have no right to be rolling teams over week-in, week-out. Its still a work in progress. We had our best finishing position in over 20 years last season - now all of a sudden we're one of the big boys in this league are we ? Get real. Anyone DEMANDING nothing less than top 6 this season needs to set their sights to "Realism", and accept there are some bigger, better funded clubs in a very tough, competative league. And we ARE competing, but we are certainly not one of the frontrunners yet. Its going to take longer than a season and a bit.

+1.

u'vebeenamexed

Whateverhappenedto.......
Sep 23, 2011
Hove-By-The-Sea

Well said Easy 10 !

I am loathe to criticise any fellow Albion fan but some of the posts on here over the past month about Gus and the team have been ridiculously harsh. Do people not see the improvement in the squad and football we play ? Sure there have been some disappointments but most other teams have slumps in form and unexpected slip ups - do people not look at the other results in this division ?

How anyone can boo the Albion if they fail to beat Peterboro is beyond me - the majority of football this season has been exceptional. I guess Barcelona fans went through this phase when they first started to adopt their game style.

To even consider ditching Gus is madness. :facepalm: We need to pull together and get behind the Club/team.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Peterboro is a pratfall waiting to happy. They tend to throw up the odd ridiculous result when least expected. However, as long as we put in a good shift and come out looking as lively as we did on Friday then a frwak result shouldn't change a thing. Don't want to see a sleepwalking Albion tho.

Martin Lambert

Jun 9, 2010
Mid-Sussex

very.much.this.

Get a grip for christ's sake.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here