Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Paynter gone back to Leeds...

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
I see what Gus was trying to do be signing him but apart from his debut (which must admit I wasn't at) he never looked up to it.

Good luck to him though. I am sure he didn't turn up with the intent of playing badly.

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
Good news.

However, two leeds supporting mates at Uni are still hearing that we're set to sign him for 200k. Strange.

Unfortunately I heard the same on the west upper concourse today.£200k and 2 and half year deal. Lets hope it's not true.:down:

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Poke & Paynter gone in the space of a day?

[yt]ifO7AwBtNjE[/yt]

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I suspect there was a potential deal agreed on the basis of the loan going well - same as with KLL. In Kaz's case I would guess that we renegotiated downwards from the originally "agreed" fee when he seemingly failed to make a breakthrough into the first team early in the season. With Paynter I suspect we would still have taken him if a deal could have been done at a lower price (a free transfer perhaps?) but Leeds held out for the original deal and we said no. It may also be that he wasn't prepared to take a pay cut as he is supposedly on a pretty good deal at Leeds.

Gus clearly thought he could do a specific job alongside CMS as he had at Swindon to support Austin. In fairness in all the games he played we never put the ball forward at pace and barely got a cross beyond the first defender so he barely had the chance to show if he could or not. When he finally got a genuine opening for himself at Cov he missed it and that, I suspect, was the last straw.

McLean I reckon and maybe Habibou as well...................... has to be a better bet.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here