Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Paying the price for not going for the jugular.... If only!

matbha

Apr 13, 2014
So many bad results against lower clubs like home to Barnsley that have cost us but that is football.

I think we have fluffed it , but three seasons in the championship we have been very competitive .After all this club has been through im still pinching myself , great stadium massive crowds who would have thought it when we were playing home games in kent!!!!!

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
Like who? Pearson? Who many Leicester fans wanted shot of, when they slumped and finished 6th and then died in the play offs last season. Dyche? Who many Burnley fans were not happy with in his first season, finishing mid table. Or maybe you want Gus back?
I am not going to get upset over a draw with Blackpool, yeah, we could have played better but I have seen us play a lot worse and Dobbies equaliser was a bit special.
Fed up of fans thinking they have all the answers and that Oscar is no good if we don't get the result or performance they expect, as if other managers never lose or draw to supposedly weaker opposition.
Pearson must be shit to let Brighton score 7 against Leicester this season, when Brighton usually only score once a game.

Calm down fella, no where in the post did I request a new manager. The performances this year have generally been lack lustre and negative bar a very few exceptions. Hopefully next season Garcia will show us some of this attacking football he spoke about when he came. I am sure you are happy with everything and that is great, but the whole idea of NSC is to have an opinion. IMHO i have not been impressed with football on offer this season. I think, even with the injuries he has been very negative in his approach this year and this was typified by the performance against Blackpool. Surely we are all armchair managers and can have a view?

northernseagull

Mar 12, 2013
In a way I think this will play into our hands - Albion WILL get a result simply because we have to - I'm not entirely convinced that would've been the case had we beaten Blackpool (that laid back mentality would've set in). I really fancy one of the two above will miss out on the playoffs, Wigan have such a hard run in and Burnley at home isn't an easy game. We should be fine but its far more fun this way ;)

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I always find the 'if and but' scenario a bit redundant when it could be applied to so many other clubs too. I can imagine the fans of Ipswich Town and Bournemouth are debating exactly the same thing right now.

That's not the point I'm making though is it. All I am saying is that if we really went for it - agreed with more composure - against Blackpool we KNEW we would then be masters of our own destiny. And I felt that we didn't, so now we're paying the price. Not the same point as "if only".

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Oscar advocating attacking football raised our expectations of watching enjoyable football sadly by and large that hasnt materialised so it has become a stick to beat him with. We need to see what or rather who he can bring in over the summer.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Like who? Pearson? Who many Leicester fans wanted shot of, when they slumped and finished 6th and then died in the play offs last season. Dyche? Who many Burnley fans were not happy with in his first season, finishing mid table. Or maybe you want Gus back?
I am not going to get upset over a draw with Blackpool, yeah, we could have played better but I have seen us play a lot worse and Dobbies equaliser was a bit special.
Fed up of fans thinking they have all the answers and that Oscar is no good if we don't get the result or performance they expect, as if other managers never lose or draw to supposedly weaker opposition.
Pearson must be shit to let Brighton score 7 against Leicester this season, when Brighton usually only score once a game.

Spot on. Armchair managers OUT.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
TRHK is absolutely right. Not sure why he is getting stick. I am meh as I think we simply do not warrant a play off place. I would rather we go for it next season for automatic promotion and that should be the aim. If we went up this season we would have to replace the whole squad apart from Tom, Leo and er possibly Kazenga, Rohan and Will.

You mean in your opinion...quite a few differ which is why there is 2 further pages

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
That's not the point I'm making though is it. All I am saying is that if we really went for it - agreed with more composure - against Blackpool we KNEW we would then be masters of our own destiny. And I felt that we didn't, so now we're paying the price. Not the same point as "if only".

theres a common theme there

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Can't just blame the Blackpool game - too many times we've let teams off the hook this season, starting with Leeds away first up. It's just Brighton, though - two or three good results, followed up by a nice juicy home game against inferior opposition on a terrible run of form.....a packed crowd, filled with hope and buzzing with anticipation at the Goldstone / Withdean / Amex and we blow it. Such has always been the way.

Come on the 'B's - Birmingham, Blackburn and Burnley - support your fellow 'B's by winning your remaining matches.....at least give us the chance to blow it for ourselves!!!!

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Calm down fella, no where in the post did I request a new manager. The performances this year have generally been lack lustre and negative bar a very few exceptions. Hopefully next season Garcia will show us some of this attacking football he spoke about when he came. I am sure you are happy with everything and that is great, but the whole idea of NSC is to have an opinion. IMHO i have not been impressed with football on offer this season. I think, even with the injuries he has been very negative in his approach this year and this was typified by the performance against Blackpool. Surely we are all armchair managers and can have a view?

You posted "Had we actually had a coach who can motivate the players we could and should have won that game." I took that to mean you think we have the wrong coach. I can't agree that we have not been positive, we just have not taken our chances as often as we should have.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here