Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Pay by Phone Parking in Btn

Seaview Seagull

NSC Patron
Mar 1, 2021
I'm a bit confused. I have had issues with pbyp occasionally, mostly when the app can't find the location code, but surely all Brighton meters have a card option as well? Tat said it can take an age to authorize. I don't think I have ever failed on both options.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
To be fair the new Mastercard (and Visa) security is a pain in the arse. Even big card transaction processors like Worldpay are still having problems with 3D Secure. My partner is in e-commerce and they’re having a nightmare with it despite trying to integrate for the last 12 months

Ultimately it is triggered because your bank or Mastercard deem the transaction to need extra validation / security

If they are still using an old Worldpay WPOP account, there will be a high proportion of soft declines from the card provider as it doesn't support 3DS2. 3DS1 goes end of life in October I believe so if they don't fix it by then, they will all decline. We took ages to get rid of our account even though it takes £3m a year. There is such a backlog of companies needing to so it that the payment providers don't have the resources to migrate everyone.. Before we got it moved, we were seeing circa 20-25% of transactions soft declining. Try again and there is a fair chance it will work. Mastercard was rejecting a lot more than Visa as well.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
I'm a bit confused. I have had issues with pbyp occasionally, mostly when the app can't find the location code, but surely all Brighton meters have a card option as well? Tat said it can take an age to authorize. I don't think I have ever failed on both options.

A lot of sites don't have meters any more.

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
I've always used pay by phone and find it quite handy - however, about a month ago, it began making me certify every single transaction through my Barclays app or text message which is a bit of a HASSLE. I thought it was only me, hopefully, they sort it out soon.

ChickenBaltiPie

Jan 3, 2014
If they are still using an old Worldpay WPOP account, there will be a high proportion of soft declines from the card provider as it doesn't support 3DS2. 3DS1 goes end of life in October I believe so if they don't fix it by then, they will all decline. We took ages to get rid of our account even though it takes £3m a year. There is such a backlog of companies needing to so it that the payment providers don't have the resources to migrate everyone.. Before we got it moved, we were seeing circa 20-25% of transactions soft declining. Try again and there is a fair chance it will work. Mastercard was rejecting a lot more than Visa as well.

3DS 1.X is sunset in October

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here