[Politics] Pave the Jungle or Get a Decent Pair of Boots?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pave the Jungle or Decent Boots

• Pave the Jungle

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Get Decent Boots

Votes: 19 90.5%

• Total voters

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
Paving the jungle removes the consequences of your actions , so you will never learn from your mistakes . Life is hard sometimes , and the person you see in the mirror each morning depends on how you handle every situation .

I never hid anything from my two daughters while they were growing up , instead we chose to explain as best we could if we knew , and if we didn`t then we had learnt something together . Each generation seems to pick and choose what it wants to remember , and rewrite it if it suits them . I`m in the " Those who do not learn history are doomed to repeat it " camp .

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
I have absolutely no desire to make such derogatory terms acceptable, my intention is to protect a piece of art from those that don't understand it. I would rather the song was banned from radio play altogether. That way folk that don't want to unintentionally hear that word won't have to.

It is absolutely possible to hear that word, understand that it is unacceptable today, but to also understand that there was a time it was deemed acceptable, and that cultural output from such a time can be consumed with that understanding in place.

shirley, "the kids" will know how to find an unadulterated version on the interweb? assuming they give a fuk, of course

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports