Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Paul Winstanley: how to make friends and influence people

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
One of them will go surely. Why would you have two JOINT Directors of Football, FFS? I still can't get over how stupid it looks when Chelsea put both of their names to a quote :lolol:
Yep, that is plain weird, one or the other said it not both at the same time

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Yep, that is plain weird, one or the other said it not both at the same time
Unless they did, which would be hilarious to watch!

Van Cleef

Jun 17, 2023
Potter was part of that :lolol:
Exactly.
I can't seem to get the term "rats in a sack" out of my head this morning.
Perhaps the double DoF thing is some kind of Darwinian experiment by Todd. If so he's got a better sense of humour than I gave him credit for.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
One of them will go surely. Why would you have two JOINT Directors of Football, FFS? I still can't get over how stupid it looks when Chelsea put both of their names to a quote :lolol:
I suspect the reason might be that Boehly didn't want to admit he'd dropped a bollock, so wouldn't sack the man he originally chose (the one who negotiated the £62M Cucurella deal).

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
Of course, what would be even funnier is if Winstanley has all along been telling Boehly "we really should go in at a sensible level for Caicedo. If you try low-balling Bloom you won't get anywhere" and the Todd has just been ignoring him, while letting him take all the flak

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Of course, what would be even funnier is if Winstanley has all along been telling Boehly "we really should go in at a sensible level for Caicedo. If you try low-balling Bloom you won't get anywhere" and the Todd has just been ignoring him, while letting him take all the flak
Yep, I think it's Boehly who looks like the fool. I can't see Chelsea's backers staying united if the wheels come off their season again. At last, they are back to being another West Ham United.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Spare a thought for his namesake getting absolutely leathered on Twitter.
This. The poor bloke’s mentions :lolol:

And yet…

3DFB96E3-0E72-4AB8-8271-2E1E97D464B2.jpeg

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm really sad and a little disappointed in the response Paul has received.

Nobody has called him LoseStanley.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
It gets worse for Winstanley (if true)

'Hijack'. Totally normal language used for a football transfer. Yep, not too dodgy-sounding at all...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here