NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Hard to disagree with anything he said.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
I think he is a sad case
Nose put well out of joint...no longer one of the inner clique

Fair enough to criticise Sami's style, but on the phone in he repeatedly slagged off
Tony Bloom
The same TB who provided the wonderful stadium, and great Training Academy, at massive expense

Something I might add his pal Dick Knight, ( another bitter man) failed to do

So what did he say to slag off Tony Bloom?

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
I think he is a sad case

Fair enough to criticise Sami's style, but on the phone in he repeatedly slagged off
Tony Bloom
The same TB who provided the wonderful stadium, and great Training Academy, at massive expense

No he didn't. He merely questioned what was going on. We live in a democracy and he is perfectly able and entitled to put his point of view across. If it was a "dig" at the board, then so be it. Paul Samarah and a few others like him have done more than you, I or many of the Albion supporters for this club and he is entitled to his opinion. If his frustration is spilled out on local radio, good for him. I don't know the man but I am aware of what he has done for our club and after the phone-in he got a lot more respect from me. By the way I am not anti Bloom, Barber. I like many others am just a little miffed at our current performances.

Last edited by a moderator:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I think he is a sad case

Tony Bloom

You sound more the bitter man (or woman or boy or girl). Paul said nothing other than what many many others are thinking. the words shambolic and bemusement are perfectly apt in my view too. The team was the former and I feel a bit the latter tonight - just how have we gone from premiership hopefuls to this dross so quickly with the stadium and supporting set up we have? Either way, your sour words about a supporter legend just makes you sound bitter and frankly, a bit foolish. There will only ever be one winner in a popularity contest and it won't be you so my advice would be to best zip it!

Last edited by a moderator:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Havent listened to the phone in since Harty left but he appears to be correct even if a little bitter and resentful. Just a thought why have the phone in straight after the game when most are unable to listen to it through not being at their cars.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Said that it is no good the club being Premier League ready when there is no investment in better quality players. Remarks aimed at the board. Also said that the current crowds we are getting will rapidly dwindle if performances like todays carry on. Also has a little dig at the tickets sold against people actually there issue. I thought the man was saying exactly what many have been thinking or saying for a little while with the seeming lack of investment in the squad and we are very much going backwards.

All sounds like a very fair assessment of where we currently are and where we're heading :clap2:

Crispy Ambulance

May 27, 2010
Burgess Hill
Paul Samrah's a good bloke, talks sense and his actions in discovering the articles had changed, had a major bearing on the fact that we still had a club for Tony Bloom to come along and bale Dick out when the banks buggered off.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Havent listened to the phone in since Harty left but he appears to be correct even if a little bitter and resentful. Just a thought why have the phone in straight after the game when most are unable to listen to it through not being at their cars.

So just to be clear something you didn't hear and where there are very few verbatim quotes on here, you have deduced was bitter and resentful

Okay

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Said that it is no good the club being Premier League ready when there is no investment in better quality players. Remarks aimed at the board. Also said that the current crowds we are getting will rapidly dwindle if performances like todays carry on. Also has a little dig at the tickets sold against people actually there issue. I thought the man was saying exactly what many have been thinking or saying for a little while with the seeming lack of investment in the squad and we are very much going backwards.

He hit the nails firmly on the head. Well done that man.

And for those unconcerned about the 'attendance' vs those actually there subject, "because all clubs do it", it matters to us because s/t sales are on the slide. The increasing no-shows this season, will be further not-renewing next season.

The ability of a squad to get wins, must in the end suffer, if the best players depart in droves and are replaced by inferior quality players.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Weststander;6616928 if the best players depart in droves and are replaced by inferior quality players.[/QUOTE said:
That horse has already bolted, we didn't have a really valuable player left at season's start and I will not be vaguely suprised if Dunk or Forster Caskey are sold in the January window.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

So just to be clear something you didn't hear and where there are very few verbatim quotes on here, you have deduced was bitter and resentful

Okay

I am not saying it, I was just passing on the view that has been mentioned on this thread by others.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
Top bloke is Paul - He's not bitter or resentful he just thinks we should be making a better push for promotion than we are.Its what many people think

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
I echo all that Paul said.

From being in a postion of strength, strange decisions and apparent strategic niavety at board and CEO level, now find the Albion in serious trouble.

IMHO the only option now is to sack Hypia in the morning, and get a , without wishing to mimic the legendary Ernest, a tried and tested British manager with a proven record at Championship level.

Clearly it's a big ask to get someone in for Tuesday, so Jones takes the team at Huddersfield, but the new man must be in post before Saturday, and unfortunately with his own coaching staff, so it will be farewell to Nathan as well.

Messrs Bloom and Barber need to stop hiding behind this FFP cloak and give the new man exactly what he needs, a decent budget and full control of all team matters answering only to Bloom and reporting to Barber.

I also took issue with the tone of Paul Barber's programme notes, thankfully I will have a platform in my newspaper column to respond to them on Thursday.

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
Messrs Bloom and Barber need to stop hiding behind this FFP cloak and give the new man exactly what he needs, a decent budget and full control of all team matters answering only to Bloom and reporting to Barber.

1. Are you saying that Bloom and Barber should ignore a set of rules introduced by the Football League which are being followed by over two thirds of the clubs in the Championship?

2. Which tree will they shaking the money off to provide a decent budget?

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
I echo all that Paul said.

From being in a postion of strength, strange decisions and apparent strategic niavety at board and CEO level, now find the Albion in serious trouble.

IMHO the only option now is to sack Hypia in the morning, and get a , without wishing to mimic the legendary Ernest, a tried and tested British manager with a proven record at Championship level.

Clearly it's a big ask to get someone in for Tuesday, so Jones takes the team at Huddersfield, but the new man must be in post before Saturday, and unfortunately with his own coaching staff, so it will be farewell to Nathan as well.

I also took issue with the tone of Paul Barber's programme notes, thankfully I will have a platform in my newspaper column to respond to them on Thursday.

Even if we sack Sami in the morning we will still be left with the problem that the people who appointed him will then appoint his replacement and unless they have a serious think about how they are doing this the problem will repeat itself. In the last two years Mr Barber has overseen a situation in which relations with a previously successful manager have collapsed and two generally unsuccessful appointments have been made. Something is going wrong and the buck has to stop with Paul Barber. Eventually, people on here may even stop prostrating themselves at his feet every time he writes a prompt and seductive and email.

Maybe it would help if he took a little advice from those on the board who 'have spent the best part of half a century of their career running professional football clubs'. (I don't know who these board members are but he will - he mentioned them in one of his recent missives.)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here