Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Paul MIller

dennis

Aug 1, 2007
Cornwall
The man’s a legend. The trouble is that people don’t get that its basically a show for old dears and people working nights. We often used to join in with the quizzes etc and would look to get as near the knuckle answers in as we could.

He would often have just for fun games and ask for suggestions based on current events, alternative song titles etc.

He knows his audience and good at what he does but he’s not for everyone.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I am sure some of the old dears are p1ssed when the ring up, all makes for good radio and I did not realize he was that young
and I feel I almost know his dog ........bless

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I wish there was an archive of Tommy Boyd's old show he used to do on Sunday nights on southern sounds. I loved to losten to it.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Page 5 and I thought only a handful listened every night. It's sooooo addictive I've got my 20 yo listening in now. And I got the answer right last week to the i-spy.
But is it the same people ringing every night? The guy who knocks back a bottle a night. The old woman whose story about her boiler we now all know about.
What happened to the guy who drove a truck for an overnight roadworks company? He would ring every night telling us where he was.
Cheap local radio at its best.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
One of his best was on the quiz; his sidekick asks all the questions then they invite people to ring in.
He asked the caller (Ted, aged 104, from Bexhill) "How many do you think you're going to get ?" and Ted replies "I don't know, I had to go to the toilet and only heard the last one"

:lolol:

It's a fairly safe bet that it's either going to be one, or zero.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I loved to losten to it.

allo-allo-arthur-bostrom-as-officer-crabtree--2.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here