Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Paul Ifill

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
A fairly interesting podcast interview that I watched last night. He never played for the Albion, but a Brightonian(Woodingdeanian/Saltdeanian) nevertheless.

Think he was in the Millwall side that beat us 5-1 in the EFL trophy (Freight Rover at the time, probably) at P'filled, that they went on to win. Jamie Morallee got our goal and celebrated like he'd won the ballon d'or (I may be making the bit about the celebration up, but it was, I think his only goal for us...edit he got 4).

Last edited:

Tubby Mondays

Dec 8, 2005
A Crack House
Think he was in the Millwall side that beat us 5-1 in the EFL trophy (Freight Rover at the time, probably) at P'filled, that they went on to win. Jamie Morallee got our goal and celebrated like he'd won the ballon d'or (I may be making the bit about the celebration up, but it was, I think his only goal for us...edit he got 4).
And did his best to miss it! From 3 yards out!

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003

Paul wasn’t in that Millwall side, he didn’t make his Millwall debut until about a month after that FL Trophy game (then known as the Auto Windscreens Shield).

Millwall got to the final that season and lost to Wigan, Paul played in the final.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Paul wasn’t in that Millwall side, he didn’t make his Millwall debut until about a month after that FL Trophy game (then known as the Auto Windscreens Shield).

Millwall got to the final that season and lost to Wigan, Paul played in the final.
Ah, OK :thumbsup:

Bones79

Oct 19, 2022

He also played in the FA Cup final up against Ronaldo

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Whenever Paul’s name comes up I’m also reminded of Kim Grant, a lad who was at Kings Manor and was the best player I’ve ever seen in youth football. Ended up at Charlton, where I think he played for them against us at Selhurst. Another one who has ended up abroad, according to Wiki he has a A Licence and is coach and DoF at Prague Raptors.

These days you’d hope that local lads with that talent are all in our academy so we can sell them for an over inflated fee if they’re not quite up to the European standard. A far cry from Jamie Moralee indeed.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Played against him numerous times at summer 6 a side tournaments in Burgess Hill early 2000’s. Not sure he was meant to be playing and went mental once when a local photographer recognised him.

Totally different level to the rest of us obviously

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Played a big part in the goal that got them to the FA cup final

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here