Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Paul Heaton

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
On top of all the totally justified comments about what a brilliant bloke and songwriter he is, I’ve also got to add what a brilliant singer he is. I love the man’s voice, it’s so comforting and has been a constant source of joy throughout my life.

Him and Morrisey’s voices are just perfection to me. Unfortunately Morrisey is not in Heaton’s league or even stratosphere as a human being though.

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
My mate used to work on the Richard & Judy show in Manchester or Liverpool in the 90s(?) booking guests. He said they all had riders and they had send chauffered driven cars to pick them all up and take them all home again from all over the country. When Paul Heaton and Beautiful South came on, he said they refused all of that - arrived on the bus, only wanted a cup of tea and left on the bus.`

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
On top of all the totally justified comments about what a brilliant bloke and songwriter he is, I’ve also got to add what a brilliant singer he is. I love the man’s voice, it’s so comforting and has been a constant source of joy throughout my life.

Him and Morrisey’s voices are just perfection to me. Unfortunately Morrisey is not in Heaton’s league or even stratosphere as a human being though.

Totally agree, starting with “Build”. Heaton’s harmonies are sumptuous, so gifted vocally.

Templeton Peck

Faceman
Jul 15, 2009
Brighton
If you can track it down 'Last orders at the Liars Bar' is a great biography about TBS where the writer followed them around for a year collecting stories and watching.

Saw him and Jacquie's gig in Bexhill a few years back. In my top 3 gigs of all time.

BrianB

Sleepy Mid Sussex
Nov 14, 2020
Rotterdam would be in my Desert Island Discs list ...
Memories of my time on small coasters 40 years ago.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
What music is all about.... uplifting, fun and harmonious.

Great voice, what DID happen to the bass player?

Played the Duke Of Wellington Shoreham last night. Incidentally this was also a venue on Heaton's tour when he was leaving money behind the bar to celebrate his birthday.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Played the Duke Of Wellington Shoreham last night. Incidentally this was also a venue on Heaton's tour when he was leaving money behind the bar to celebrate his birthday.

The venue featured on BBC1 SE tv tonight. They’ve secured a noise easement securing their future effectively. New residents in the new apartment blocks won’t get anywhere in trying to end the music.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Not a fan, not his fault, just sounds like he has a cold all the time.
Like this bloke over here, not a fan of his either.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Not a fan, not his fault, just sounds like he has a cold all the time.
Like this bloke over here, not a fan of his either.

I have seen Paul Kelly a few times, very good live.

Very good Aussie song writer.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The venue featured on BBC1 SE tv tonight. They’ve secured a noise easement securing their future effectively. New residents in the new apartment blocks won’t get anywhere in trying to end the music.
Good news.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I met him backstage at the Tolpuddle Festival a few years ago. Lovely bloke.
well aware and appreciative of all the “top bloke” sort of stories, but also a big fan of his music all the way through from the Housemartins (with our Norman) through TBS to the present day.
truly great songwriter and I just love his voice!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here