[Football] Paul Grange

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
You might not be sympathetic to that, perhaps, but has he got a wife/ partner/ kids? If he has, they're going to be harmed by all this too (in the long term as well as the short term if he loses his job). Yes, he's been a total and utter tool, but what's likely to happen to him and potentially any family now is going to be totally out of proportion to his idiotic, attention-seeking behaviour. Whilst the Hillsborough families are, I'm sure, upset by his t-shirt and social media comments, I'd like to think they'd urge people to react with a little more dignity than (some of them) currently are..

What exactly was he expecting by wearing that tee-shirt? A round of applause? ???

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
I don't know, like you say, he walks around with a t shirt offending a 100 people, but his behaviour goes unchecked. Imagine someone sat in a pub with something on the Shoreham Air Disaster on their t-shirt, ask yourself how angry you'd be? The platform is really you can't get away with this kind of stuff. He'll probably have lost his job tomorrow, he'll be enduring no end of harassment and now police involvement. It's a powerful message to the idiots out there that you just can't get away with this kind of nonsense.

Isnt that the point, we all should be be able to get away with 'nonsense' ...................

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
What exactly was he expecting by wearing that tee-shirt? A round of applause? ???

Of course not. Please don't think I'm defending him. At a guess, he's a dim-witted, attention seeking loudmouth who was probably hoping to either (1) receive admiration and possibly a communal anti-Scouser song from like-minded pondlife in the pub, or (2) provoke an angry reaction from another drinker, to which he could respond with "Come on then, you want some?" and claim that they started it.

He's a complete plank. I just don't particularly have time for the mob mentality that then descends upon many people in response to these things, via social media. It's turned something that was a nasty but extremely local issue into a global one, and drawn people in who really have nothing to do with it and would never have known about it or been offended if somebody hadn't posted it online for the world to see. I'm condemning the people threatening to burn his house down, or beat the living shit out of him next time he walks out of his front door,. They're no better than him.

Ultimately, he's not some public servant or figure of importance, whose opinions are of national relevance. He's just a gobby drunken no-mark from Worcester.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Of course not. Please don't think I'm defending him. At a guess, he's a dim-witted, attention seeking loudmouth who was probably hoping to either (1) receive admiration and possibly a communal anti-Scouser song from like-minded pondlife in the pub, or (2) provoke an angry reaction from another drinker, to which he could respond with "Come on then, you want some?" and claim that they started it.

He's a complete plank. I just don't particularly have time for the mob mentality that then descends upon many people in response to these things, via social media. It's turned something that was a nasty but extremely local issue into a global one, and drawn people in who really have nothing to do with it and would never have known about it or been offended if somebody hadn't posted it online for the world to see. I'm condemning the people threatening to burn his house down, or beat the living shit out of him next time he walks out of his front door,. They're no better than him.

Sorry but I just happen to think that it's Darwinism in action.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sorry but I just happen to think that it's Darwinism in action.

I hear ya, but who then Darwins the spanners who are preparing to smash his windows in whilst his wife & kids (it seems he has both) are at home?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm puzzled by this:-

"**** em, I don't care anymore, bud".

At what point did Mr Grange actually care?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Ultimately, he's not some public servant or figure of importance, whose opinions are of national relevance. He's just a gobby drunken no-mark from Worcester.

I hear what you're saying. But part of me thinks morons like this fella need to be stood up to. All the while people don't, he'll get away with it. Polite words won't work, 16 JCBS, 80 cans of Lilt and national exposure might.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I hear ya, but who then Darwins the spanners who are preparing to smash his windows in whilst his wife & kids (it seems he has both) are at home?

It seems he's a serial bell-end who has finally got his comeuppance. His wife must have known he's a complete cock. I feel for his children for sure, they have little choice. She does.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
In a way, I hope it emerges that he has mental health issues, if only to explain (and certainly not excuse) why he acts this way. Irrespective of that, was somebody so desperate for trade that they accept such ridiculous t-shirt printing requests?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

They'll be the usual social media keyboard warriors who can just be picked off and rounded up by their local constabulary at their leisure if the threats get too real or the crime figures are too low. Shitferbrains teeshirt wearer has probably got less chance of having his windows smashed in than being crushed under an avalanche of Lilt.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I hear what you're saying. But part of me thinks morons like this fella need to be stood up to. All the while people don't, he'll get away with it. Polite words won't work, 16 JCBS, 80 cans of Lilt and national exposure might.

In the old days he would probably have been put in the stocks for a few days so everyone can chuck their rotting veg at him. Now he gets the digital equivalent. Not saying it's right but he did wear the shirt to provoke a response, why else would you wear it?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I don't approve of sending stuff to the blokes house. It's not fair on the businesses involved.

A visit from the local constabulary is enough.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Worcester man charged with public order offence

Paul Grange, aged 50 and from Worcester, has been charged today (Monday 30 May) with a Section 5 Public Order Offence relating to the display of threatening and abusive sign and writing, likely to cause harassment, alarm or distress.

He has been released on bail to appear at Worcester Magistrates' Court on a date in July.

Issued: Monday 30 May 2016 14.25 Helen Blake, Corporate Communications.

el punal

And he was probably on the sauce.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Anyone who wears a t-shirt with a slogan on is a cock but this nobber takes it to eleven.

People like this who go out to publically draw attention to themselves by wearing outlandish slogans on their t shirts, know full well they will cause upset, anger and media coverage.
It's really a look at me, I am a sad man wanting attention.
He's got it now, ****ing idiot.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Anyone who wears a t-shirt with a slogan on is a cock but this nobber takes it to eleven.

Sometimes they're funny. OK, this moron's one wasn't, but no need to condemn all of them because of one extremely offensive one.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports