Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Paul Clement - dark horse

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
114383928_clement_343572c.jpg

Here is a picture of him. Its quite nice to know what these people look like.

Looks NOTHING like a dark horse. Disappointing.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Ok I want a good manager as much as everyone else bit come on...

Would you swap the Berna for the Amex?!!?

Srsly....

This presents an awful knife-edge dilemma for Clement:

To carry on working with Ancelotti, albeit not as number 1, Bale, Alonso, Ramos, Di Maria, Ronaldo; OR

To get to grips with the talents and lightning pace of Greer, Andrews, Ulloa and Ankergren.

Although obviously a win-win, Clement must feel torn apart.

I've seen this comment a few times, but unless Real win the CL final, will he actually have the option of staying at Real? He's there with Ancelotti, and when was the last time a Real manager kept the job after not winning La Liga or the CL?

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
I've seen this comment a few times, but unless Real win the CL final, will he actually have the option of staying at Real? He's there with Ancelotti, and when was the last time a Real manager kept the job after not winning La Liga or the CL?

I would also say that he has expressed interest in stepping out of his role as number 2, and becoming a manager. It is fairly obvious that to achieve this aim he will have to take a fair few steps down from Real Madrid, and start somewhere considerably less glamorous or high profile.

blueandwhitestripes

Mar 18, 2008
Sussex
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;6353236 said:
I would also say that he has expressed interest in stepping out of his role as number 2, and becoming a manager. It is fairly obvious that to achieve this aim he will have to take a fair few steps down from Real Madrid, and start somewhere considerably less glamorous or high profile.

I guess that counts us out then ???

:albion2:

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Do we really want to try yet another 'up and coming' manager???

I don't mind. The last two did pretty well. I would pose the alternative question, do we really want to try a journeyman manager (presumably with an inflated wage bill after years of working for high profile teams)?

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
This is the second "dark horse" thread. Not backing this one either.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
That's a great article, thanks for sharing.

I like this part- On the state of English football he says: “If you could add together some of the technical and tactical know how of the Spanish players with the grit of the English and some of the world-class facilities that are available, you are starting to put together the ideal thing.”
But he bemoans the English weather that necessitates more indoor training.
“In England there are some really tough months in the winter, not very much light, so you’re indoors, very often in cramped spaces – it’s not a luxury that all the clubs have these massive indoor areas. And if they do, sometimes there will be two or three teams working in a space at once.

We've got that covered, Paul :thumbsup:

We look like the absolute perfect club for him so I'd be surprised if he hadn't sent his CV in Bloom's direction.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We look like the absolute perfect club for him so I'd be surprised if he hadn't sent his CV in Bloom's direction.
Who's to say TB hasn't sent the Albion's CV in Clement's direction.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here