| Apps9 = ?
| Goals9 = ?
| Season10 = 2008
| Club10 = Havant and Waterlooville
| Apps10 = 1
| Goals10 = 0
|DataCorrectDate=30 August 2007
[/TEMPLATE]

Paul Brooker (born 25 November 1976 in Hammersmith, London) is a professional footballer. He is a right-winger who can also deputise on the left wing if needed.

[H="Football Career"]Football career[/H]

[H="Overview"]Overview[/H]

Born and raised in London, Brooker started his career as a trainee at Fulham. Whilst there, he had loan spells at Stevenage Borough and Brighton & Hove Albion, the latter of which he joined permanently in 2000. It was during his three years at Brighton that Brooker made the majority of his league appearances so far, and it was his form for Brighton that prompted then-Premier League club Leicester City to sign him. However, his first team opportunities at Leicester proved to be limited, so Leicester's manager at the time, Micky Adams, allowed Brooker to go out on loan to Reading, a deal which was made permanent in 2004.

He made a number of appearances for Reading during their 2004–05 Football League Championship campaign, but at the end of the season was allowed to leave as he did not feature in Reading's plans for the future. Brooker then signed for Brentford in the summer of 2005, where he showcased his talents by scoring the Bees' goal of the season against Swindon in 2006. However, Brooker's spell at Brentford was largely disappointing and he left by mutual consent with a year remaining on his contract on 30 August 2007. In September 2008 Brooker has rejoined up with his former boss Micky Adams at Brighton & Hove Albion and is training with the squad, after leaving Chertsey in the summer of 2008.

[H="Personal life"]Personal life[/H]

Brooker is a blood relative to Matt Elliott (retired professional footballer with Leicester City and Scotland).

[CATEGORY]Players[/CATEGORY]

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
I had the same problem on the Bobby Zamora article as it seems you have had with the table here.
When importing from the source code I ended up with a massive blank area above the table and all the links giving me a 404.
I took a screen dump and uploaded it as a picture in the end as a temporary fix. I'll post in the help topics for this project if I get it to work better.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Its something to do with the way vaultwiki is interpreting the table definitions that is causing the massive amount of white space - if you remove (or COMMENT) the <table class=infobox....etc> then the white space disappears.....but so, unfortunately do the borders. I've tried replacing with
tags but without success.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Its something to do with the way vaultwiki is interpreting the table definitions that is causing the massive amount of white space - if you remove (or COMMENT) the ....

I believe this is because the vaultwiki version of Wikipedia's {table class=infobox....etc} is {TEMPLATE}......{/TEMPLATE}. Hence we need to define a player profile template which we can then call, instead of using the {table class=infobox} nomenclature. Unfortunately, it looks like we need to have admin rights to create a template (or perhaps it just needs turning on). Until Bozza is prepared to give one (some) of us rights, I don't think we can make much progress in this area.

Last edited:

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
I believe this is because the vaultwiki version of Wikipedia's {table class=infobox....etc} is {TEMPLATE}......{/TEMPLATE}. Hence we need to define a player profile template which we can then call, instead of using the {table class=infobox} nomenclature. Unfortunately, it looks like we need to have admin rights to create a template (or perhaps it just needs turning on). Until Bozza is prepared to give one (some) of us rights, I don't think we can make much progress in this area.

yes, I believe this is so, I think Bozza was looking into setting up some templates so this would maybe a good one to start with.

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I make a couple of changes to improve the appearance of the infobox. I replaced "unknown" with question marks in the appearances/goals section (due to the limited space available in these fields). I also replaced the (Loan) at the end of a team name with (L) immediately preceding it, for the same reason. All the rows now occupy a single line, as is the intent.

I added the best photo of Mr B in an Albion shirt that I could find on google images.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
I make a couple of changes to improve the appearance of the infobox. I replaced "unknown" with question marks in the appearances/goals section (due to the limited space available in these fields). I also replaced the (Loan) at the end of a team name with (L) immediately preceding it, for the same reason. All the rows now occupy a single line, as is the intent.

I added the best photo of Mr B in an Albion shirt that I could find on google images.

I had one query about images which is why I didn't add one - are we supposed to ensure they are rights-free? I also couldn't work out why there was no table of contents when it looks to be set up the same as the Zamora page.

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I had one query about images which is why I didn't add one - are we supposed to ensure they are rights-free? I also couldn't work out why there was no table of contents when it looks to be set up the same as the Zamora page.

Good question about images - probably worth creating a new thread on the Wiki forum.

I believe there have to be 4 sections to cause the TOC to appear.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports