Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Paul Barbers Response (New Shirt)

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
I might e-mail PB and ask if we can change the name of the team to AAABrighton and Hove Albion, so we can start the season at the top of the table aphabetically before a ball is kicked, rather than outside the play-off zone, in APPALLING seventh spot :rant:

Comedy Steve

We're f'ing brilliant
Oct 20, 2003
BN6
Me too. And I kind of wish people would stop emailing PB direct for every single gripe they have with the club. It's great that he responds (and how he responds) but surely he's got better stuff to be doing with his time.

Maybe a large proportion of his (supposedly gargantuan) salary is spent replying to emails complaining about what he does for his money.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Thank you for your email.

I’m sorry that you do not like the new shirt.

Nike apply a heat pressed sponsor logo to ALL of its shirts, including those designed for Manchester United, Manchester City, Juventus, and Barcelona. Nike do not produce a sublimated printing option (and indeed last year’s shirt which was produced using this process also received complaints because the stripes were broken – in this business of football shirt design, clubs and manufacturers will never win!).

The sponsor logo must meet American Express’ owns brand guidelines – and our shirt design means that American Express’ logo must sit within a white box as the lettering itself can only be applied to a plain background. The size of the white box is determined by The Football League and, as is the case with all shirt sponsors, American Express require the maximum space to be used. I can assure you that American Express are not ashamed of something that meets their own guidelines.

Finally, with orders for the new shirt already 400% up on the previous best ever selling Albion shirt, I don’t think the club or Nike should be ashamed of anything! Shirt design will always be entirely subjective and different views, including yours, will be expressed and are of course valid and welcome, the vast majority of supporters do not share your particular opinion

You should be ashamed of writing to a busy man with such a pathetic, petty personal grievance

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Tragic. It's a football shirt ffs, Barber does not need to be wasting his time with shit like this.

Plus it was known the sponsor was iron on weeks ago, plenty of time to cancel orders rather than whinging like a little bitch.

Me too. And I kind of wish people would stop emailing PB direct for every single gripe they have with the club. It's great that he responds (and how he responds) but surely he's got better stuff to be doing with his time.

These.

Maybe PB is on a bonus for every dopey email he has to answer ???

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I warned of this on twitter earlier today - beware of the threads in the next few days moaning that their sponsor logo is cracked/peeling after one wash!

If you turn your shirt inside out before you wash it and don't put it on too hot a wash then they tend not to crack and peel.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
t5kuqb.jpg

A fair summary of events.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
I might e-mail PB and ask if we can change the name of the team to AAABrighton and Hove Albion, so we can start the season at the top of the table aphabetically before a ball is kicked, rather than outside the play-off zone, in APPALLING seventh spot :rant:

This is a great shout!

We will also be first in the list of football clubs in the yellow pages so players will see us first and definitely, DEFINITELY sign for us

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
And people wonder why he gets paid so much I wouldn't want a job like his with constant whinging emails from fans all day every day

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here