Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Paul Barber's letter to The Argus

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I had the 'pleasure' of spending a day with him too, in the chairmans lounge for a game in our first season at the Amex, and would certainly go along with this.

Re KB - glad it wasn't just me then. Very impressed with PB to date.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Can you all but say once more for those of us that missed it ;-)

Dear Bozza - I second Marshy's request. Please and thank you in advance.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Agree with this, but I do think the posts from Spanish Flair are justified. The young have been crapped on from multiple angles, and this is just one more example.

The young have had their prices frozen, but the age group Spanish Flair refers to they will have to pay OVER double if they have just turned 18. And I think I am correct in thinking that as of 2015 they have to stay in education until they are 18.

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
So the person who pointed out to Barber, that the jump in ticket prices of over £200, raising the ticket price for someone who has just turned 18 to the cheapest season ticket of £465 is an ill informed numpty. The fact he pointed out to Barber that other clubs have an interim 18-21 price rise before they have to pay full adult price is ill informed?
And fair play to Barber because unlike yourself, he has recognised this could be in issue with young adults, who will not even be allowed to leave full time education until they are 18, is an issue for them when they might not have a job. Because Barber has promised to look at the 2015 season pricing for this age group, because of this numpties letter to the Argus.
Have you got a 17 year old Fef who may not be able to afford to go next season after perhaps supporting the club for the last 10 years?

SF: So, you are taking just one - just one - of the many arguments from the Argus correspondents on the letters page, and throwing that back at me? The majority of the arguments (eg wasting money on the training ground etc) are the ill-informed opinions of numpties.

From your further postings below, you clearly have an emotional attachment to this single issue, and have taken this out of my context. Of course I realise that things start getting expensive when teenagers grow into adults - and how dare you accuse me of not caring.

My issue was with the stupidity of the majority of the comments the Argus has received.

Apology accepted.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
SF: So, you are taking just one - just one - of the many arguments from the Argus correspondents on the letters page, and throwing that back at me? The majority of the arguments (eg wasting money on the training ground etc) are the ill-informed opinions of numpties.

From your further postings below, you clearly have an emotional attachment to this single issue, and have taken this out of my context. Of course I realise that things start getting expensive when teenagers grow into adults - and how dare you accuse me of not caring.

My issue was with the stupidity of the majority of the comments the Argus has received.

Apology accepted.

Creaky: do remember he was answering the letters written to the Argus by some numpties - it wasn't to announce anything new, it was to correct some ill-informed or ill-conceived opinions among the Argus readership.

I think you need to read your own post again, Paul Barber was replying to three letters in the Argus on Monday and not the many you refer to.
You stated that ALL the three writers of these letters as "ill informed numpties". So yes I was taking issue with you on ONE of the letters.
Can you please point to my post where I accused you of not caring. I did ask if you had a teenager who is currently 17.
So no apology offered.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I met the 'lovely' Ken. He wasn't very fan-focussed IMHO. In fact I would go as far as to say he was dismissive of fans; a really bad attitude in that respect. Paul seems to be the opposite of that.

In fairness to KB, his previous experience of fans was at Millwall.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
The total remuneration for the highest paid director was £480k, I'll email you a copy of the accounts.

See you at the Hull game?

I'll be there but sadly in the cheap (well, free) seats above the tunnel. Just hope the rain has eased off by then. Most things about the Amex are good, but rain + laptop is not a helpful combination.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

He had been at Brighton a while tho. Believe me, he seriously under-valued Brighton's fans. I was very pleased when he 'left'.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I'll be there but sadly in the cheap (well, free) seats above the tunnel. Just hope the rain has eased off by then. Most things about the Amex are good, but rain + laptop is not a helpful combination.

Sadly monday evening is looking damp and drizzly with a southerly wind; so although the rain won't be heavy it's the sort of rain that can blow a long way under the Amex roof.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Sadly monday evening is looking damp and drizzly with a southerly wind; so although the rain won't be heavy it's the sort of rain that can blow a long way under the Amex roof.
Unfortunately the press box is not PLR. Mind you, neither is Newcastle's and the weather is worse up there.

Landgull

Oct 30, 2009
So the general opinion is in line with mine in that PB is doing okay.
So I'm adding a big thanks to PB and all others who make this great club function.

THANKS.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

In my opinion KB wasn't up to the job. He really wasn't a smart operator and quit stuck in his ways in my opinion.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
He had been at Brighton a while tho. Believe me, he seriously under-valued Brighton's fans. I was very pleased when he 'left'.

Same here.

seagullmouse

Jan 3, 2011
So the general opinion is in line with mine in that PB is doing okay.
So I'm adding a big thanks to PB and all others who make this great club function.

THANKS.

Completely agree.

What more could you possibly have wanted/expected from the super seagulls than where we are at now????

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
I think you need to read your own post again, Paul Barber was replying to three letters in the Argus on Monday and not the many you refer to.
You stated that ALL the three writers of these letters as "ill informed numpties". So yes I was taking issue with you on ONE of the letters.
Can you please point to my post where I accused you of not caring. I did ask if you had a teenager who is currently 17.
So no apology offered.

1. How about "... fair play to Barber because unlike yourself, he has recognised ...." - you are incorrectly implying that I don't see this as a valid issue. I never said one way or the other. I'm implying that you accused me of not caring.

2. I don't discuss my family on NSC. I don't put any information which could identify my family on internet BBS.

3. "So yes I was taking issue with you on ONE of the letters". Indeed you were, and I accept this as your apology.

Sloe Joe

Oct 7, 2010
Say it as it is PB.
A forthright reply. I knew that LB would never be undersold by PB and DB.
I would dread having to negotiate with that pair. They'd pinch your grannies knickers given the chance - and sell them for a profit.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Me too. Met him a couple of times and he was one of those individuals who (to me) was instantly dislikeable.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here