Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Paul Barber signs new six-year extension

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Probably the most beautifully constructed sentence I've seen on here since I joined this complete waste of time back in 1997. Absolutely stellar wordsmithery from beginning to end, succinct, slick, flawless, not a wasted word.
(y)
Massive profits
New contract for PBOBE
Joao Pedro announced fit
Enciso announced fit
March possibly back before the season finishes

And now we can that someone has managed to fashion a coherent sentence on NSC!!

What a time to be alive!!

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Somebody mentioned this on here a few weeks ago, and it raised a bit of debate, but there was no proof offered that Barber actually does have a shareholding. Actually, I think the dullard (or @Bozza?) mentioned that in the most recent shareholders filing there was no indication that he had shares.

So - does he have a shareholding? I honestly don't know but it seems it might be something that crops up in future so a definitive answer would be good to have.
I think he does. Seen it documented previously. Not a big one but still, must be worth a bit.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I’m not sure I realised CE’s worked on a fixed term contract like players do. Always assumed it was just standard PAYE, I had no idea there was a length of time specified. Seems bizarre to me.
Usually rolling 12 months contracts in my experience - agree it's a bit unusual. Presumably another TB masterstroke in locking PB in, or making sure it'll cost another club a bomb to get him out

AlbionBro

Jun 6, 2020
We are coming up to the end of the financial tax year - it seems like a really appropriate time to look at our overheads and projections for the 24/25 tax year to budget ahead but also evaluate where we are in terms of profits and what sort of contracts we can afford to renegotiate.

Really, there‘s absolutely nothing to give grounds to this kind of speculation - there won’t be a day that goes by without our top players and staff being linked to some club or other because everyone is interested - ’Weare Brighton’ after all and we are taking the EPL by storm, with our management, with our football and with our financial acuity. 🙂
Of course all you say may well be true. But I feel we have been at this junction many a time before, and we end up financial winners, but rebuilding again. I don't fear it, if PB's time is up, I am sure Mr Bloom has his next replacement too!

AlbionBro

Jun 6, 2020
Levy and PB effectively have very similar roles, albeit the former has a substantial shareholding.

Plus Levy I think has a reputation as a control freak …. @Kinky Gerbil might confirm.
Yes maybe, but my Spurs mate seems convinced PB will end up there, he is probably wrong, as he also said Spurs would be mid table if Kane left!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Barber in the hutch. I hope TB now snares RDZ in June after the hint that we’ll be spending big on players in the summer.
Like I said, only succincter :wink:

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
i think it says a lot that, given we don’t lay out huge wages for players, when you look at the table for the highest paid CEOs, Barber is well up there (think he’s the second highest paid?). obviously there’s differences between that and player wages as when you pay one player more, others will come asking, and i think the CEO positions at the likes of Newcastle and City are artificially deflated, but i still think it speaks to how much TB values him. fantastic that we’ve managed to tie him down. he gets a lot of flak but we couldn’t do what we’re doing without him

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
As I just said on another thread......

Shhhhhhh........

Under the radar.

With all that transfer money.

And a buyer's market in the summer.

I just did a sex wee, or what passes for one at my age.
I hope we sign four players for the “Barber shops quartet” headlines

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
i think it says a lot that, given we don’t lay out huge wages for players, when you look at the table for the highest paid CEOs, Barber is well up there (think he’s the second highest paid?). obviously there’s differences between that and player wages as when you pay one player more, others will come asking, and i think the CEO positions at the likes of Newcastle and City are artificially deflated, but i still think it speaks to how much TB values him. fantastic that we’ve managed to tie him down. he gets a lot of flak but we couldn’t do what we’re doing without him
Weird last sentence I’m sure the wheels would continue to turn with another doing the job.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
Weird last sentence I’m sure the wheels would continue to turn with another doing the job.
i’d hope that would be the case and i have no doubt tony would have many good candidates should PB choose to move on eventually but i think there’s a reason he’s paid very highly as most other PL CEOs go and that we’ve been very keen to keep him tied down here

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Based on his predecessor it’s not a given

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here