Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Paul Barber on Albion match day ticket prices

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Put it this way, There are 2 seats behind me which are available to buy in the East upper. I could take my wife and her brother. But £84 for 2 tickets is just too much. If it was £70- £74 for the pair of them, I would most likely go for it. Its a given already that those seats will NOT be purchased, they have only been bought once this season.

Perhaps the seats do belong to ST holders but they pegged out before the start of the season. The once they were used this season may have been relatives of the deceased who went to see if they would enjoy football. I would hazard a guess that the noise and abusive language in the ES put them off coming again.

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
If Brighton reach the promised land Cat A tickets will no doubt hit£50 next season and it wont matter about empty seats as TV money will more than cover it . Thats the sorry state it has become.

If Brighton reach the promised land Cat A tickets will no doubt hit£50 next season and it wont matter about empty seats as TV money will more than cover it . Thats the sorry state it has become.

Its like when they went up to £1.50 from £1 and mullers said if you want top football you will have to pay top prices! never got 30,000 in the top league:down:

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
OR clubs could stop being so soft and yeilding to stupid player wage demands. If clubs are to break even wages need to come down, ticket prices wont cover it.

That old chestnut, and when 92 league clubs have differing ideas and the Prem clubs tell us to do one but we stick rigidly to a cap, as we try to FFP, we'll spiral down the leagues and become what seems to be our lasting legacy, scrapping it out in the bottom two leagues. I like your plan.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
OR clubs could stop being so soft and yeilding to stupid player wage demands. If clubs are to break even wages need to come down, ticket prices wont cover it.

Perfect world yes. But all clubs need to do this. Look what happened last year when we went cheap.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
I would hazard a guess that the noise and abusive language in the ES put them off coming again.

Every week I have up to five different people sitting next to me (since Wrong Direction and his mates abandoned me two years ago :wozza:
I have calmed down from last season and leave it to all the Dads to give out abuse this year :moo:
The old fella next to me has taught me swear words that make me :blush:

If you think any of the above is true you must have been :drink:

That old chestnut, and when 92 league clubs have differing ideas and the Prem clubs tell us to do one but we stick rigidly to a cap, as we try to FFP, we'll spiral down the leagues and become what seems to be our lasting legacy, scrapping it out in the bottom two leagues. I like your plan.

Hereford game more exciting than any game we had in the top league.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
42 quid is not value for money for Championship football even if it includes WiFi and a padded seat. Simple.

You missed out travel costs. Does that not fit your argument?

NB: I pay extra for disabled parking but still recognise the utility of free travel etc to very many (the majority?) of our fans and away fans

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Hard to argue with PB's reasoning on this one.
I don't think it's that hard to argue because IMO it's a bit of straw man argument. Yes of course season ticket holders need to be looked after and get cheaper seats for the commitment they have made. But if that means charging £42 a seat for second division football, then perhaps season tickets are overpriced too.

It feels to me as if (for a walk up purchase) top dollar seats for run of the mill league game should be £32ish, and there should always be seats for £25 elsewhere. And season tickets should be priced such as they are a good deal lower than that.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
It's almost as if there were no computers, no business schools, and you couldn't hire one of their graduates to run hundreds of different scenarios to determine how to maximize revenues, all with a couple of mouse clicks.

It's funny how often you hear this complaint from the most dogmatic defenders of free-market capitalism in every non-football area of the economy.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
I don't think we went cheap last year if you look at the accounts that were on here recently. Yes ALL clubs need to, but ALL clubs have this problem. You think it is a more perfect world to charge 40-odd quid for second tier football!? Players could still earn way way more than most of us could dream of and have clubs break even.

I am not justifying it I am merely saying that one noble team can't do it on their own.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
And prices can't be slashed when we go up this season because if we are ever relegated then we would have to put them up again. How many tickets would we sell then?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I never realised! before! but Mr Barber! likes an ! doesn't he!?!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here