Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pathetic refereeing ----------- again.

Dec 29, 2011
It was definitely Greer, screwing a pass backwards. That was a good decision.

In that position HEAD IT or HOOF IT. The best case scenario for taking it to ground is your wriggle away and clear it, the worse case is you have a poor touch and leave their top scorer 1-on-1.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
I'd be surprised if the east stand Lino couldn't see the Watford player with a handful of CMS shirt holding him back. I could see it clearly from my seat in the east stand.

Same opinion from my seat in the east lower, the Lino had an extremely good view, it was side on for him.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Same opinion from my seat in the east lower, the Lino had an extremely good view, it was side on for him.

That bald **** couldn't make a decision all game without looking at the ref first. Who saw the watford player and ref embrace on the final whistle?

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
I am in Singapore, unBle and uninterested in watching the match. All I know is that the ref is not to blame.

Can we all just agree that Brighton are toilet, cannot score a goal if the other side play rush goalie with 9 men, and just need to get this season ended asap.

IT AINT THE REF,.

Stay there:moo:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
We were the better side in the first half for about 30 minutes then reverted to character.
Watford were shite too, but just finished better than we did.
Referee and the lino on the East side should never f***ing work in football ever again, utter disgrace to the FA and to the game.
Watford wont stay up.

For me personally Bloom should have started enquiring about players for next season 6 months ago, god forbid if he does his
usual bargain bucket rifle two weeks before the season starts like he has every season we have been there.

Hughton needs more time, he is a good manager but needs decent players to do it with.

Phat ..i agree with all of that :moo:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
We were the better side in the first half for about 30 minutes then reverted to character.
Watford were shite too, but just finished better than we did.
Referee and the lino on the East side should never f***ing work in football ever again, utter disgrace to the FA and to the game.
Watford wont stay up.

For me personally Bloom should have started enquiring about players for next season 6 months ago, god forbid if he does his
usual bargain bucket rifle two weeks before the season starts like he has every season we have been there.

Hughton needs more time, he is a good manager but needs decent players to do it with.

Hallelujah. Sanity. Well said.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
He booked him for multiple fouls throughout the first half. He could have had a yellow for his second foul but was lucky to escape until the second half.

The Dunk incident wasn't a red for me. Remember the Ulloa red card last season (high foot)? We all said it was never a red and he was trying to pull out. I think the same thing applies here, it's not a red card offense, there is no malice in the challenge and I think a yellow is a fair decision.

Thought yellow was fair too

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
The ridiculous decision of the day goes for the booking against our player (can't recall who) for 'kicking the ball away' when it actually rebounded off his own shin not five minutes after the assault on Dunk.

For those two entirely different in intent and consequence moments to be a yellow just shows how inept the ref was. Yet he'll be reffing again next week with no arbitration or investigation into his atrocious performance. Disgrace.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
Todays officials were a disgrace, whoever claims that refs dont effect the outcome of games is a fool . Todays idiot missed a shove on Bennett in the penalty area, an elbow to Forster-Caskeys (or was it Kayal) head , awarded a goal kick when one of their players hoofed it out and gave a free kick the wrong way that eventually led to their goal...........AND THAT WAS JUST IN THE FIRST HALF!!!!!

Bombardier

NSC Patron
Jul 22, 2004
Hove actually
The officials today were again found wanting. Disgrace is a word I don't really want to use but they came pretty close to that. Trouble is we have had more than our fair share of them this season and whatever we say here won't make the slightest bit of difference. Time to put this to bed now!

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
I hardly ever criticise referees, but he was woeful. The linesman on the East stand side was just as woeful. We played well today, and didn't deserve to lose, but the main difference is Watford finish their chances, whilst we cannot. That is why they are top.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
[/B]

Thought yellow was fair too

He leapt into Dunk and led with his elbow whilst not looking at the ball. People get sent off for less innocuous aerial challenges. What is worse is that it was right in front of the West Stand linesman. Buy hey, let's make assault the same offence as kicking the ball away or taking off your shirt.

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
Agree well he was not a homer
?. Some awful decisions from the linesman as well. Watford were not great and again if we had a goal scorer ? We would have won, again. Deeley should have gone for 3 bookable offences.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
That sort of reaction really annoys me. No one is blaming the ref for our defeat
Actually, I might. Obviously Watford are a lot better than us, but I think we played well. Should we have been given a penalty in the first half? I was a long way away, but it looked like it. And should they have been reduced to 10 for the pull on CMS? I wasn't so far away, and I think so, yes. If those decisions had gone our way, I don't think we'd have lost.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Don't often get worked up about decisions overall but certainly feel we got the pooey end of the stick today.

Still does not deter from the fact that the defence is as rocky as a rock on a rocky hill in Rocksville and we couldn't score in a brothel.

Roll on the summer changes and 2015/2016. Cheers drinking-red-wine.gif

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Had a Watford supporting pal sat with me, even he admitted they got the best of the decisions by a distance. We still wouldn't have scored though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here