Patcham Court Farm - Additional Parking??

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
Wow! The site looks tiny for a stadium...not surprised that was a non-starter.

Thinking about it? It may have been Archer who had plans for that site? Something along the lines of: 'If the Council gave him planning permission to build a Focus on the site, he would fund a new stadium - Or similar bullshit? :rolleyes:

Someone probably remembers the exact details?

I see the argus reported DeVere no longer want Patcham Court Farm.
http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/9704294.Hotel_group_dumps_Patcham_Court_Farm_plan/

I'm sure in the past this site was talked about for Park and Ride for the city, but surely given its position it would also be a great addition to the albions transport needs?

Anyone know why the site never got off the ground for parking?
Fifteen or so years ago, Patcham Court Farm was seriously considered as the site for a shoppers' park and ride for the City. And then dismissed, on the grounds that there was a higher value use that could be found for the site. The De Vere Group aren't the first developers to pull out of doing something up there. This is another one of the locations in Brighton and Hove where, every so often, a big scheme seems to be announced, only for it to collapse several years later.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
This is another one of the locations in Brighton and Hove where, every so often, a big scheme seems to be announced, only for it to collapse several years later.

why is that?

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
The greens announced a week ago that P & R was back on the agenda and were looking at using existing car parks such as the Amex, Asda at Hollingbury but wonder if this latest news might make them think about a P & R at Patcham Court Farm.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports