Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Passport renewal

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Did they confirm it was on the way?

I did one last Friday and am waiting.. We fly a week Monday!

Yes got a text updates I posted the old one tracked delivery onMonday and got a text yesterday that both the application had been approved and old passport received. They sent it TNT and arrived next day (today)

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Yes got a text updates I posted the old one tracked delivery onMonday and got a text yesterday that both the application had been approved and old passport received. They sent it TNT and arrived next day (today)

We did the same, we had confirmation that the old passport has been received and so has the application...

Fingers crossed then!

Thanks

Aug 13, 2020
Darlington
My daughter has just left the Post Office employment.

I had mine renewed at the PO before she left, it took 10 days.
I have just asked her how long for a lapsed passport, she asked ex colleagues still at the PO , they reckon 4-6weeks, but you can get it fast tracked if you contact the passport office.

You still get the ‘or rib Le black one, and not the really splendid maroon one though.

If you work at the passport office, you get a black one, but if you look closely at normal people's passports they're actually very very very very very dark blue.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Mine came back within a week. Did the application online. Hardest part is going a photo on your phone that is acceptable.

Exactly the same for me when I did mine. Was amazed how quick it was. BUT the photo bit was a PITA. I gave up in the end and went to one of those booths which gives you a code you just add to the application.

That was 2019 though.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Try getting a new permit to park outside your own home, ****ing nightmare! It's disgusting the way these companies make it impossible to talk to anyone! Covid isnt an excuse, it's not hard to pick up a phone!

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

VAL1850

Nov 22, 2008
Beachy Head & WSU
I did mine 5 weeks ago online, took 8 working days including sending old one back, had several update messages in that tim2, very impressed with the service....

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I renewed mine online from Japan about a year ago. I can't remember the exact timescale but it was definitely under 10 weeks. I want to say about 3 but I can't for sure.

zeytoun

Mar 25, 2012
Has anyone done an online passport renewal recently? Gov website is saying ten weeks, I presume that’s right but would be interested to know if anyone has been through the process. I’m heading abroad mid September and am resigned to trying to pay for an urgent renewal in Victoria but thought I would check with the NSC hive mind before I press the button on that.
I did it back in December 20 it was much quicker than the predicted 10 weeks, more like 5 and that was over Xmas. But guess difficult to guarantee.

Sent from my moto g(7) plus using Tapatalk

swd40

Mar 22, 2006
Renewed mine start of July via the post office, they checked everything was correct on the form, did the photos.
Received the new one two weeks later. :)

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Last month, my wife received her new passport within 10 days, coupled with regular texts about progress :smile:

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Try getting a new permit to park outside your own home, ****ing nightmare! It's disgusting the way these companies make it impossible to talk to anyone! Covid isnt an excuse, it's not hard to pick up a phone!

"Your call is very important to us, please hold" - as we continue to ignore you while you're being charged premium rate :mad:

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
"Your call is very important to us, please hold" - as we continue to ignore you while you're being charged premium rate :mad:
I dread to think what my hour and a half on hold before getting cut off will cost me!

Elbow750

Jun 21, 2020
Different department, but I finally changed my old paper Driving Licence for a photo one, as I didn't fancy lugging my passport to all Amex games for ID. DVLA website said allow 3 weeks but it was with me 3 days later. Painless online application too.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Just renewing my new zealand one today. There was a three working day option and a ten working day option. Its been 15 months and i am still awaiting the confirmation of a change in the uk freehold details of a flat in London. :shrug:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
On an only vaguely related note: my mate and his wife once turned up for their Gatwick flight, would have been in the 80's or 90's, only for them to realise that the wife's passport had expired. Holiday over before it's begun you might assume. Not so. In those days there used to be a Post Office at the airport, so they legged it up there, and were issued a temporary one-year passport on the spot. Gadzooks! Wouldn't happen nowadays :moo:

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Different department, but I finally changed my old paper Driving Licence for a photo one, as I didn't fancy lugging my passport to all Amex games for ID. DVLA website said allow 3 weeks but it was with me 3 days later. Painless online application too.

same here. Online application Tuesday evening last week, received Saturday!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here