Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Passport question

cjwoolven

Jun 4, 2008
I'm going to Amsterdam on the 16th Feb - 19th Feb next month, and I've just realised my passport expires on the 31st May.

Should I be alright to travel through France and Belgium to get to the Netherlands? I've had a look on t'internet and it says you need 3 months beyond the length of stay. Is that correct?

Thanks

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
I last passed through Schiphol 16 hours ago...

Immigration guy had a very cursory glance at the passport then handed it back. That's about par for the course - you'll be fine.

Edit: just read your post properly and saw you were going overland. You'll still be fine...

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
I know an immigration officer and asked him. He said as long as you have a return ticket, then it will be no problem.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Not identical but I went through Frankfurt last year with 4 months on my passport and the nice German at immigation just said do you know your passport will expire in 4 months no hassle at all.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
If you have a return ticket you'll be fine.

Although there has been heightened security to/from/at Schipol recently, since trying to find that guy that escaped from a prison van.

cjwoolven

Jun 4, 2008
Arranged coach trip by a tour group, I'm hoping that'll account for a return trip ticket or whatever.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Surely thanks to the "boarderless" EU you can travel around EU countries with just your driving licence if you wish ?

John Bumlick

Banned
Apr 29, 2007
here hare here
a few years ago i traveled from the US to the UK on an expired passport. they actually gave me more crap at the US end and weren't going to let me on the flight until i showed them my green card. i was actually expecting to be stuck at Heathrow for quite some time but immigration scanned my passport and welcomed me back home with so much as a peep about the fact it was expired. i already had an appointment at the passport office in London so maybe that showed up when they scanned it...but amazed that they said literally nothing.

of course, your results may vary...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here