Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] PASSING ON A TICKET WARNING

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Personally I would use the draft that @Bozza has succinctly put together in that from my calculation, the 10th game would be the final (if we got there) and it would be a travesty to miss this based on what’s happened.

There seems to be two escalation points above the author (Jenny Glover and PB) hopefully the right thing can be done here on this occasion

Good luck
The ban is for 10 home league matches, and any away league and cup matches that fall within that period.

We have four home league fixtures that remain this season so the ban, as it stands, will last until we have played six home league fixtures next season, and any other fixtures that take place before then.

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
Personally I would use the draft that @Bozza has succinctly put together in that from my calculation, the 10th game would be the final (if we got there) and it would be a travesty to miss this based on what’s happened.

There seems to be two escalation points above the author (Jenny Glover and PB) hopefully the right thing can be done here on this occasion

Good luck
The OP says it's a 10 match home game ban but his account has been suspended. So he can't buy any tickets at all.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
The ban is for 10 home league matches, and any away league and cup matches that fall within that period.

We have four home league fixtures that remain this season so the ban, as it stands, will last until we have played six home league fixtures next season, and any other fixtures that take place before then.
Ah, had read it as the next 10 games (home and and away)

The remainder of this season and nearly a third of 23/24 makes it even more overkill

paulfuzz

Apr 17, 2019
Kings Lynn

Apparently the ban includes WSL games as well

gullshark

Dec 5, 2005
Worthing
Was it a guest ticket or a STH priority ticket? as I think others have said before how on earth is there a difference between the two when passing it on after the priority window has lapsed.

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
32F70834-228F-4EBD-8B51-8236C4583F99.jpeg

I hope Mr Barber will consider sharing a dollop of his lube.
Heavy handed business this.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
We all agree that touts are a plague on our sport and deserve to have the club rightly hound them.

That being the case, can someone explain to me how there are apparently over 1500 tickets for Sunday's match on sale here?

https://www.ticombo.com/en/sports-t...d59cb4-faa9-48fd-8564-f4c210923b48;quantity=0
A lot of them will be Club Wembley which weren't and aren't on sale to Albion fans and can be sold on a match by match basis.

However, the club do work extensively to clamp down on these sales sites, certainly for fixtures at the Amex, but it's not easy as the companies are generally situated outside the UK and therefore difficult to tackle legally.

Where tickets have been knowingly touted on - often to overseas "football tourists" the club take the following steps...

- Ban the original purchaser from buying from the club in future.
- Cancel the tickets
- Prevent stadium entry to the new ticket holder
- Issue the "tourist" with a letter so they can make a claim with their credit card company
- Sell them a ticket, at face value, where it's possible to do so.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
There must be lots of fans who have bought tickets for someone on their friends and family list who perhaps aren't sending on the ticket to the person on the friend and family list (with full knowledge that the person on the list can't go for whatever reason!)... is that the in effect same as what the OP has done?!

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
There must be lots of fans who have bought tickets for someone on their friends and family list who perhaps aren't sending on the ticket to the person on the friend and family list (with full knowledge that the person on the list can't go for whatever reason!)... is that the in effect same as what the OP has done?!
No … when STHs could buy 2 extra tickets for guests, those tickets could be passed to any friend … they didn’t need to be on friends and family list and don’t need any purchase history etc etc. There are no restrictions re who those tickets are given to.

So a very different scenario to that of the OP.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Nope that were always there.
Must admit I hadn't noticed that but wasn't looking for it. So have to get in the ground at a specific time, i guess this might be H&S to stop a crush BUT it does seem to be exceptionally early i.e. 3 hours before kick off.

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
Was it a guest ticket or a STH priority ticket? as I think others have said before how on earth is there a difference between the two when passing it on after the priority window has lapsed.
There’s a BIG difference! A ticket purchased by a STH in a priority period should not be given/sold to someone who may not even have a purchase history. The person given the ticket has effectively jumped the queue.

It’s no different to a STH, knowing they couldn’t go for whatever reason, buying a ticket for a mate with a much lower priority … or no priority window at all. That’s just not right!

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
No … when STHs could buy 2 extra tickets for guests, those tickets could be passed to any friend … they didn’t need to be on friends and family list and don’t need any purchase history etc etc. There are no restrictions re who those tickets are given to.

So a very different scenario to that of the OP.
Ah. but those who bought tickets for themself and for those on f and f list, but then passed a ticket purchased on f and f list to not the named person on the f and f list ... isn't that the same in terms of the ticket then being downloaded to a wallet under a different name to the name on the ticket? I know a few who have done this! There must be loads, surely, but this thread suggests that's how the op got caught out?

paulfuzz

Apr 17, 2019
Kings Lynn
Just re-reading the email and the usual course of action in a case like mine is to cancel the ticket and keep the cash.
"We will, on this occasion, return the ticket as the demand for the game is so high"
So the question now is
What other infringements are the club going to let go because "demand for the game is so high"

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
This may not have happened if the club had considered an approach to apportioning tickets to groups who wanted to sit together, rather than introducing Mike Read’s “run around now!”* window process.

As it is, fans will have resorted to all sorts of strategies for bagging tickets together in chosen areas.I can guarantee that my group while entering on their own tickets will want to sit in someone else’s seats - this breaking rules.

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
Ah. but those who bought tickets for themself and for those on f and f list, but then passed a ticket purchased on f and f list to not the named person on the f and f list ... isn't that the same in terms of the ticket then being downloaded to a wallet under a different name to the name on the ticket? I know a few who have done this! There must be loads, surely, but this thread suggests that's how the op got caught out?
OK, I think I understand. Buying on behalf of people on F&F rather than the F or F member buying it themselves during their priority window to try and get seats altogether. If any of those tickets have been subsequently passed onto someone else … then that’s not right and someone could face the consequences!

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
This may not have happened if the club had considered an approach to apportioning tickets to groups who wanted to sit together, rather than introducing Mike Read’s “run around now!”* window process.

As it is, fans will have resorted to all sorts of strategies for bagging tickets together in chosen areas.I can guarantee that my group while entering on their own tickets will want to sit in someone else’s seats - this breaking rules.
So they’re going to stop the people who actually have tickets for certain seats from sitting in them - because they want those seats themselves??

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here