Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Passing movement video

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Oh really? How many games have you been at?
Did you go to Manchester yesterday or was there some strange, secret alternative way for you to see who was passing to whom?

Its not relevant if I went to the games to see the build-up play or not. While you miss out on a few off-ball runs and stuff while watching on TV, you do see every pass.

Last edited:

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Did you go to Manchester yesterday or was there some strange, secret alternative way for you to see who was passing to whom?

Its not relevant if I went to the games to see the build-up play or not. While you miss out on a few off-ball runs and stuff while watching on TV, you do see every pass.
I know its not particularly relevant, I was just suffering the irritation you occasionally manage to engender from many on here, by claiming to know more about every aspect of our football club, despite not having been here, and never, to my knowledge parting with any of your own money to support the club in any way.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I know its not particularly relevant, I was just suffering the irritation you occasionally manage to engender from many on here, by claiming to know more about every aspect of our football club, despite not having been here, and never, to my knowledge parting with any of your own money to support the club in any way.
schelo.jpg

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
You paid? Chinny reckon.
Yeah it is one of two Brighton games I've paid to watch on TV.

Anyway, your decision to pay some of the wages of these multi-millionaires really doesn't make you wiser or morally superior compared to someone who doesn't.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Yeah it is one of two Brighton games I've paid to watch on TV.

Anyway, your decision to pay some of the wages of these multi-millionaires really doesn't make you wiser or morally superior compared to someone who doesn't.
Like so many here I paid towards the players wages for quite some years before any of them became millionaires. It certainly doesn't make us wiser, if you'd seen some of the football, you'd argue the opposite. It does make us Brighton supporters though, not tourists. And don't we all have respect for the opinions of tourists?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Like so many here I paid towards the players wages for quite some years before any of them became millionaires. It certainly doesn't make us wiser, if you'd seen some of the football, you'd argue the opposite. It does make us Brighton supporters though, not tourists. And don't we all have respect for the opinions of tourists?
I have no problem with tourists, visitors or strangers. :shrug:

If any of those would say "I've watched the last 150+ games the club has played and believe they have a similar build-up today as they had two months ago", my counter-argument wouldn't be "no they don't because I pay money to watch them". Because it is infantile.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Its only new if you want it to be new.

GP, and quite a few other modern coaches, got the same ideas: you draw press through combining at the back (against high-pressuring opponents) or through circulating it around defenders and midfielders (low-pressuring opponents) in order to create 3v4s or 4v4s on the opposing half. Depending on the nature of the opponent and the trigger that initiated the ball forward, you then attack an area where you can go 2v1. It is how Brighton have usually played for years now and I'm a little surprised that some people percieve it as new.
Lots of similarities, some differences, it's the same, but different.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
I have no problem with tourists, visitors or strangers. :shrug:

If any of those would say "I've watched the last 150+ games the club has played and believe they have a similar build-up today as they had two months ago", my counter-argument wouldn't be "no they don't because I pay money to watch them". Because it is infantile.
Please don't pretend that you can't hold two thoughts in your head at one time. Its not a convincing deception.

Our disagreement on the degree of difference in playing style is a subjective judgement that means nothing more than that we see things differently. Not uncommon in football. However, instead of just expressing that you saw things differently, your quote of my post was written in the condescending tone that you tend to use whenever anybody hints that all of modern football doesn't begin and end with Graham Potter.

You know full well that my resulting attack on you was not in response to your original point, but to your tone, because I posted to tell you this. I know that you understood me because you tried to troll my post with the Schelotto photo, so to pretend otherwise is as dishonest as it is unconvincing.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
This is all great and all and sometimes it comes off but we need better quality players to finish the moves to progress. We’ve seen it a 100 times and come away with nothing. The forward lines needs investment regardless of the Barber or Naylor spins. Newcastle aren’t that different except Wilson finishes the created chances.
Until investment is made we will always be play well but can’t score.

medwayseagull reborn

Oct 12, 2022
This is all great and all and sometimes it comes off but we need better quality players to finish the moves to progress. We’ve seen it a 100 times and come away with nothing. The forward lines needs investment regardless of the Barber or Naylor spins. Newcastle aren’t that different except Wilson finishes the created chances.
Until investment is made we will always be play well but can’t score.
Wilson is injury prone and has scored less than Trossard this season so not the most considered opinion.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Fabulous football. I go to be entertained, I’d love us to win more than we lose and be challenging for the top four, but as we can’t and won’t I’ll settle for this over everyone behind the ball throwing themselves in the way of shots at our goal.

My expectations remain low, my hopes high as we punch above our weight for the investment in the team. Who is doing better than us on their budget? Maybe Fulham and Bournemouth after 11 games.

It’s always a rollercoaster following BHA and I love where we are. These are heady days as an Albion fan :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here