Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Humour] Passing distance between cars & bikes.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
1691323196194.png

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Yes and remember it’s much safer to pass us on the inside when we are stationary leaving a zebra crossing clear with stationary traffic ahead and taking out the pedestrian that’s about to cross, I’ve seen this twice this year so far, once at the station by the cafe above Trafalgar street and the crossing by the North Laine Brewery 🤦‍♂️

BrightonCottager

Sep 30, 2013
Brighton
I cycle around town more than drive, walk or bus and enjoy surprising pedestrians by giving them priority at road junctions and when crossing the seafront cycle lane. And if a driver stops for me at a zebra crossing (the ones at the bottom of Preston Park, usually), I'll give them a smart salute. I hope to spread mutual respect in this way. Not all drivers, cyclists and pedestrians are bellends.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
I cycle around town more than drive, walk or bus and enjoy surprising pedestrians by giving them priority at road junctions and when crossing the seafront cycle lane. And if a driver stops for me at a zebra crossing (the ones at the bottom of Preston Park, usually), I'll give them a smart salute. I hope to spread mutual respect in this way. Not all drivers, cyclists and pedestrians are bellends.
You're right, not all of them....just most of them!
I'm at the age now where I hate everyone and everything. I want to get from A to B without the rest of the alphabet getting in my way :tantrum:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I moved from Brighton to Horsham last year and one thing that is very noticeably different is drivers attitudes to cyclists and pedestrians.

They are all so polite. When I’m on my bike, cars pass by very wide of me, and when walking, more often than not, drivers will let you cross a road.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I moved from Brighton to Horsham last year and one thing that is very noticeably different is drivers attitudes to cyclists and pedestrians.

They are all so polite. When I’m on my bike, cars pass by very wide of me, and when walking, more often than not, drivers will let you cross a road.
I didn't know you could ride a bike 😂

I popped into Btn on my ( 2 stroke belching) scooter on Friday, waiting at the lights, clock tower, heading north, they changed, from red to amber I waited a second and looked right. Out of nowhere, 3 electric scooters (kids type with 6" wheels) shot accross from right to left. 20 years ago I'd have flattend the lot of them. I got carved up 3 times by delivery mopeds. I did overtake one, guy in flip flops wearing a hard cap, smoking A camberwell carrot.
It really is a jungle out there.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I can't remember when I last saw a car going at 20mph because it was the speed limit rather than heavy traffic.
It's the limit in Central Shoreham, although German cars are immune, I think when they disconect the indicators the recllibrate the speedo to read half.

don't get me started on taxi drivers.

Albion in the north

Jul 13, 2012
Ooop North
I suppose its a distraction from the tedious "will he, wont he" transfer nonsense that is going on. Just to let you know that up here in West Yorkshire the cars and cyclists are usually very respectful of each other.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here