[Albion] Pascal Groß the raumdeuter

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
We just have to make sure we don't sell too many 1st team players at once.

I am already a bit on edge about selling both Bissouma and White together. Selling Pascal as well would be a step too far in one window.

To sell 3 1st team picks at once is the path to disaster.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

I am already a bit on edge about selling both Bissouma and White together. Selling Pascal as well would be a step too far in one window.

I'd be as surprised about White going as I would be Bissouma staying.

Roll forward 12 months and I'll be as surprised about Moder going as I would be White staying...

...rinse and repeat.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
It would be a great move for Gross, and we shouldn't be in the habit of refusing reasonable moves to players, which will do nothing for our reputation. And better to sell a player too early than too late.

It also opens up more opportunities for Ally Mac, Alzate and others.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
It would be a great move for Gross, and we shouldn't be in the habit of refusing reasonable moves to players, which will do nothing for our reputation. And better to sell a player too early than too late.

It also opens up more opportunities for Ally Mac, Alzate and others.

Everyone is talking as if this is a done deal, not the idle gossip of another club taking an interest!

It's probably fake news anyway, get a grip!

Robinjakarta

Jul 14, 2014
Jakarta
They signed that defender from Preston.
A long time they signed an old Gary macallister.
They wouldn’t sign him as a regular starter, but it’s not unheard of for massive clubs to sign lesser players for squad fodder purposes.

Michael Robinson RIP from us, too. I was amazed when they bought him. Loved the guy, but Liverpool, really?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[tweet]1404781484934938624[/tweet]

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea

Add to that a section of NSC that wants to bin off perfectly good players. IF we lost those three we'd NEED Propper and AJ unless there are significant incomings.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Could be a negotiation tactic from his agent.

Naylor said a few weeks back we had offered him a new contract.

I appreciate we all have a low opinion of agents, but Shirley after singing Pascal and him then subsequently singing an extension (when the club realised just how lucky they were) there has to come a point when all the mucking around stops.

I'd suggest the cloak and dagger, whisper campaigns, would have come to an end as #TeamGross prepare for their fifth season with the club and yet another extension offered.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
[tweet]1404781484934938624[/tweet]
Looking at the concentration of his attacking contributions in the latter half of the season when he was a regular starter, there's probably a good case to be made (in hindsight admittedly) for him having been in the side from the off. His stats - assists at least - would look even better if extrapolated across the whole season.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I'd be as surprised about White going as I would be Bissouma staying.

Roll forward 12 months and I'll be as surprised about Moder going as I would be White staying...

...rinse and repeat.

Which is how you get a sustainable club, with new talent coming up through the academy each season; not always like for like replacements each time, but of the same quality.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
I think Liverpool,expressed an interest in Pascal around 12/18 months ago. Maybe the rumour has come from that original story. Anyway, this is silly season and it's going to get worse before it gets better.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Looking at the concentration of his attacking contributions in the latter half of the season when he was a regular starter, there's probably a good case to be made (in hindsight admittedly) for him having been in the side from the off. His stats - assists at least - would look even better if extrapolated across the whole season.

I have no idea how the team scored so few goals last season.

Obviously when I say 'i could have scored all but one of those goals', I don't literally mean I could, I couldn't when I was of an age let alone now but, Jesus wept:-

I could have scored all but one of those goals.

Absolute pinpoint accuracy.

Salah must all season saying 'id score 100 with him on the team'.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I think Liverpool,expressed an interest in Pascal around 12/18 months ago. Maybe the rumour has come from that original story. Anyway, this is silly season and it's going to get worse before it gets better.

So so so much better before it eventually gets worse and ends. :down:

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
I appreciate we all have a low opinion of agents, but Shirley after singing Pascal and him then subsequently singing an extension (when the club realised just how lucky they were) there has to come a point when all the mucking around stops.

I'd suggest the cloak and dagger, whisper campaigns, would have come to an end as #TeamGross prepare for their fifth season with the club and yet another extension offered.

I think any good agent would try and get the most money for his client on what will likely be the last 'big' contract they sign.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

Klopp has spoken fondly of Gross before. That’s probably part of it.

There’s also been some quotes from Lallana saying Gross often speaks to him about Liverpool and some of the big games they’ve played in recent seasons.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Not if the replacement is already here. And that is what employ a top recruitment team - and a very expensive one - to have done. Four full internationals already on the books, itching to get game time, and ready to be off at any time if they don't - looks like the recruitment team are doing a good job. But perhaps you think they're not. OK.

And, at the end of the day, EVERY player has a price, and that's a fact, whether it's liked or not.

I don’t have an issue regards price as that is down to how much someone will pay and whether we would sell. However there is a cost whether it is buying a replacement now or the investment made earlier. The recruit team isn’t free either ……

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I guarantee one thing that'll happen when Pascal moves to Anfield:-

'The Media' will go bat poop cra-cra for his Groß Turn.

It'll be all over Sky, Football Focus et al.
He'll be giving tutorials about it, as the whole world is surprised by the new skill.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports